Track for 97 Summit 670?

hyperlite14

Reaction score
Hi there I am looking at putting a 151" track on my Summit 670 and was wondering if i can get away with putting the 16" wide track with 2.313 lugs? what all would i need to do to make this conversion work? any information would be greatly appreciated.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi there I am looking at putting a 151" track on my Summit 670 and was wondering if i can get away with putting the 16" wide track with 2.313 lugs? what all would i need to do to make this conversion work? any information would be greatly appreciated.

You'll need top drop and roll it and use smaller drivers. The 16" wide does fit, you'll have to grind some rivets down.

hyperlite14

Reaction score
So the 15" track would be much easier then? just tunnel and rail extensions?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the 15" track would be much easier then? just tunnel and rail extensions?

I'm presuming your sled is stock, and should have 8 tooth drivers and a 2" track already... Unless you drop and roll the chaincase, the tallest track you can run is 2" with 8 tooth drivers. Dropping and rolling the chaincase will allow you to run a taller track, and will improve approach angle by about 5 degrees. Kinetic and Sno Stuff both make a D&R kit for the S-chassis which isnt very expensive - In my opinion I would do the D&R, add extrovert drivers and run a 2" or 2.25" track. Heck, it wouldn't be tough to go to a 3" pitch track and save some rotating weight (153")... Hope this helps.

Top Bottom