track extending

Blue rev

Reaction score
I need some advice on what a track supplier told me. I have an 06 Rev 144, and I want to extend it to a 151. The track supplier told me I don't need to buy rail extensions. He told me to drill out the bottom right rivet in the first picture and re locate the hex bolt to there. Then he told me to drill out the right hole in the second picture and relocate that bolt as well. It sounds like it should work. I just want to bounce this off of some of you for some info on whether anyone has seen or done this. Thanx

Attachments

• rsz_1img_2774.jpg
    rsz_1img_2774.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 21
  • rsz_img_2775.jpg
    rsz_img_2775.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 24

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like the front is going a lot farther back than the rear mount will? Just from the pics at least? This will compress the rear arm slightly I think.

If you drill out the back rivet on the front, how much of your front arm will be on the brace still??? Just drilling out the rivet and existing hole is a cheap and poor way of doing it IMO. The proper way would be to mock it up, grind the rivets off and move the brackets and re-rivet at least, so that you retain tunnel strength and proper suspension geometry.

You can choose to go the easy way now, but suspension performance may suffer on the snow.

Top Bottom