Toyota Tacoma reviews

goldfinger

Reaction score
Who out there has some seat time in a Tacoma. Looking at getting one , want some real reviews

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man i gotta say the Tacoma is a very solid truck and they hold there value very well Take the info from me I'm a chevy dealer and nissan dealer and i gotta say the tacoma and the frontiers are the best smaller trucks hands down! I gotta say even being a nissan dealer I am a little more partial to the tacoma as you see so many old ones that require little to maintenance at all my opinion is either a tacoma or frontier and you wont be dissappointed for that size of truck!!! hope this helps out for ya!! my girlfriend has a 99 tacoma and still running strong and a great looking truck

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year are you looking at?
I had an 06 Tacoma for 3 years and loved the thing. It's been in some pretty serious jams and got me out every time. Pulled my 2 sleds on the trailer no problem.
I had an SR5 6-speed manual. I put the TRD suspension on it and it was way better on dirt roads and handled loads way better. The tailgates are weak, but before 09 they were extra weak. They would always bend loading a sled in the box or dumping a heavy dirtbike out but you can either strengthen it or put a sheet of plywood under your sled.
I got it with 30k on it and sold it with 137k last spring.

It's not as good on gas as you'd think with a smaller truck, but it's so fun to drive, especially on dirt roads.

If you're getting it from the dealer, make sure you get the BFG tires or better as the lower end ones are basically minivan tires that are terrible in snow and mud. With Blizzaks on it is like having tire chains.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theyre definately a good truck, my lady loved hers, saved her life.
heres a pic of it after she hit some ice and crashed head on at 90k into a ford one ton,,,,,windshield didnt even break! In the last pic u can see she hit so hard it even blew the tailgate and lights out, and she only had minor injuries

Attachments

• cal iphone 013.JPG
    cal iphone 013.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 106
  • cal iphone 012.JPG
    cal iphone 012.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 111
  • cal iphone 014.JPG
    cal iphone 014.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 108
  • cal iphone 016.JPG
    cal iphone 016.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 110

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There great trucks for a mid size,I have a 06 trd sport with all the off road option I could get,,its been great,only issue was a airbag but was replaced under warrenty,Id deffinatly recomend one.

4byrookie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My boss had an 08 fully loaded TRD offroad and in 45000km had rebuilt the front diff 4 times on warranty. Now he has a 2010 same model and options and has had no problems in 20000km. Rides great on the way down lease roads and has excellent power.

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
I have an 05 with 190000 on it now and only trouble was at 158000 replaced both catalyitic converters, under warranty i might add. I built a sweet sled/quad deck for it and it is awsome. could use more power for towing but certainly gets the job done. I hate the cruise control though, always seems to rev to the balls on the slightest hill.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
def a kiss a$$ truck. my bf has one and i love it to pieces. its great in the winter, great off road, great for everything. Totally reliable, comfortable, user friendly. He takes it sledding, quading, camping, you name it and its been there. Has gotten him into and out of some tight spots for sure, but all around great truck. good gas mileage around town and the highway

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theyre definately a good truck, my lady loved hers, saved her life.
heres a pic of it after she hit some ice and crashed head on at 90k into a ford one ton

Does she still run mud tires in the winter ?

junior750

Reaction score
i have a tundra, which i love and have had no problems with, but i am aware thats not the question you asked.

a friend of mine has an 09, great truck, however one complaint he always makes is that the tailgate is very weak, so much so that he elevates his track as not to put weight on it when its down and his sled is in the pan, and god forbig if you ever try to sit or stand on it haha

Top Bottom