Toyota Buying back rusted Tacomas

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kudos to Toyota, dozens would have to die and there be a class action lawsuit before any of the big three would do something like that. Look at how Ford dought the tire recall.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a few years ago I would not have even considered buying a Toyota truck, BUT the new trucks they are coming out with and hearing good things like this are definately swaying my opinion. Also i heard that they will offer a Tundra in a deisel in 2010 or 2011. Pretty nice rides those tundra's may be big sales with a diesel in the line up.

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope you are right regarding a diesel truck from toyota if they come up with one at that time i might consider getting one:d

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sure hope you are right regarding a diesel truck from toyota if they come up with one at that time i might consider getting one:d
It would be nice to have a real diesel in the import trucks, I heard the gas tundra`s are hard on fuel.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found this article

Toyota is secretly planning a big diesel pickup truck for the U.S. market and will add a hybrid as well, according to a report in Tokyo.

In a move to counter soaring energy prices and stifle accusations of building gas guzzlers, Toyota is going eco-friendly with the next Tundra. Sort of.

In the works is a new big-block diesel V8, an engine Toyota plans to drop into the new Tundra and build at the rate of 70,000 units per year out of its new greenfield TMMTX plant in San Antonio, Texas, that opens this year. However, the diesel is apparently still three years away.

To ramp up the pickup's eco image, a new high-efficiency V8 and a gas-electric hybrid are also reportedly in the works. The diesel will be Toyota's first such unit in the United States and comes at a time when Nissan is also actively looking at building a diesel Titan.

First I heard about the nissan deisel, we'll have to wait and see how these work out. American built foreign autos

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kudos to Toyota, dozens would have to die and there be a class action lawsuit before any of the big three would do something like that. Look at how Ford dought the tire recall.

Sure, had nothing to due with the fact that Firestone made the tires and EVERY documented case found the tires had been run under inflated.

But I am sure that had nothing to do with that it and it was all Fords fault... :Ponder:

:smilieicon_ford:

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do I sense a FORD fan?????? Sorry abou your luck lol bahahahaha:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

Just had to throw that in.

jay007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does that say ........ 03 GMC 2500HD????? I don't know what to say? At least you took a step up with this vehicle...congrats! :alol2::alol2::lol:

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does that say ........ 03 GMC 2500HD????? I don't know what to say? At least you took a step up with this vehicle...congrats! :alol2::alol2::lol:

lol, yea. Moment of weakness..:doh:

I thought I got a heck of a deal on it so I couldn't pass it up. Not to sure now, but for the amount I use it, it works

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MAN THAT'S GOTTA HURT.... FORD GUY AND FLAMES FAN AND STAMPEDERS FAN...... TRIPLE WHAMMY..... MIGHT HAVE TO GET KGR TO SHOOT YOU JUST TO PUT YOU OUT OF YOUR MISERY.............. LOL :smilieicon_ford::common001::loser::Happy4::rollinglaugh::lol::lol2:

:confused: I got nothing :beerchug: :shots:

Attachments

• comebacks.jpg
    comebacks.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 27

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure, had nothing to due with the fact that Firestone made the tires and EVERY documented case found the tires had been run under inflated.

But I am sure that had nothing to do with that it and it was all Fords fault... :ponder

:smilieicon_ford:

actually it was ford who went to firestone and wanted them to design a tire that was suitable for the explorer the cheaper the better .....ford got what they deserved .... even after they fought the recall

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
actually it was ford who went to firestone and wanted them to design a tire that was suitable for the explorer the cheaper the better .....ford got what they deserved .... even after they fought the recall

I guess I don't understand what you are getting at :confused:.

They hired someone, said make a suitable product for the task they want to do and said they wanted to pay as little as possible. So that makes it Fords fault??? Sounds like normal business and also sounds like Firestone didn't do their job in the first place.

And the fact that the tires had no issues when people maintained proper air pressure in them but the ones with issues people did not. So am to assume your opinion is that because people failed to perform basic maintainence items that was Fords fault too???

Top Bottom