Toy Haulers

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time to go shopping.

Any preference/difference between a Fuzion, and Raptor?? My untrained eye can't find much. I would entertain a used one, but it would need to be mint, and exactly what I want.

Is there much difference build wise from say a '12 to the new ones??

Looking for one with a 12' garage, and a dinette in the main area. Doesn't look like many floor plans available like that, except for one Fuzion, 2 Raptors, and a Heartland that is quite a bit more money.

Any/all thought would be appreciated.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keystone, builds fuzion and raptor

heartland builds cyclone and a few others.

Build wise I thing some are nicer inside. Most appliances and furnaces are the same.

All depends what you want and are willing to pay.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12' garage will limit you, most are a 10'. I got a toy hauler it's made by R vision it's nice and has held up really good. But I think they are out of business now. My brother has a Puma series and it's nice not sure who make it though. I thing to look at is if there are beds in the garage and you plan on sleeping in there lots of them don't have heat into the garage, which is not good if you camp early or late in the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out the Jayco Siesmic and Siesmic Wave if you're looking for a fifth wheel model or Octane series if you're looking for a bumper pull.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Things MIGHT have changed since I bought mine a year ago.... But some small things I found.... Raptor has the enclosed bathroom where the Fuzion does not. Also thinking Fuzion has the electric awnings as a standard and Raptor does not. the 2009 raptor 300mp and the fuzion 302. the bathroom is a big difference one. enclosed bathroom in the Raptor. If I am sleeping, someone else can still take a shower.

Also the Raptor has an entertainment center in the garage.

The fuzion has a little more cabinet space, and the couch is a little bigger. Also the storage areas are a little different. Those are about the only difference I have found with them.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I actually ended up going way different and bought an XLR hyperlight... by forest river. Nice having them weigh next to nothing..... you REALLY have to have them level though or I noticed the doors dont open just right... So there are sacrafices for sure.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
I guess I should have added, it will be a 5th wheel.

Look like there getting to be a few '12 and 13' coming up for sale. Price wise, that looks like the way to go, sure don't hold value.

If anyone has one for sale, or knows a buddy, feel free to point me in that direction. Have a couple lined up to look at next week.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually ended up going way different and bought an XLR hyperlight... by forest river. Nice having them weigh next to nothing..... you REALLY have to have them level though or I noticed the doors dont open just right... So there are sacrafices for sure.

Is yours self leveling?? I've got no experience with the 'fancy stuff' like that.

Superduty 11

Reaction score
If you can get one with the 6 point levelling system, I highly recommend it, I have it on my 2014 Fuzion 342. Its very easy to use. The unhook/hookup memory is awesome, just hit the buttons and it remembers the height and will automatically go back to that setting. To level the trailer, just push auto level and let it do its thing, when its done it tells you " level successful". It has a ton of other options and features in the panel menu. Another plus is if you get a flat you can select the two jacks by that wheel and lift the trailer to change it, no bottle neck jacks, or laying on the road.

cementfist27

Reaction score
I found that the 2015 Forest River Vengeance 377v that I purchased this year is terrific! it's not overly heavy, 3 slides and a 12' garage. 2 bathrooms and a bunch of other pretty cool things...Check it out. Price point is there as well.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Is yours self leveling?? I've got no experience with the 'fancy stuff' like that.

Nope.. You shouldn't be using jacks to level a trailer anyways... They are for support. Pretty good way to flex a frame on some of the aluminum ones!

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I'm saying because mine isn't a fifth wheel. Mines a bumper pull and just has the four scissor jacks on each corner. Never use those to level it.

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2008 Sportsman 37K fifth wheel with 10ft garage for sale if your interested. I have owned it since new. Near new condition, haven't used it in 3 years. I could send you pics and more info if your interested.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a keystone carbon Which from what i was told by the dealer is just the raptor with out some of the more extravagant features. Still has enclosed under belly and dual pane windows, power awning ect, just no sub woofer and chit. I have had no problems so far that weren't self inflicted, note don't leave stuff on the electric beds when going up they will break chit befor they hit the limit switch. If you want a huge garage there is one carbon model with a 17 foot garage.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2009 cyclone 3914, (14' garage) for sale if interested...

Same model as ours.

We want to sell ours also.

Looking at one with bathroom all together in one room

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Depending on where your going to use it, we purchased one from Cargo Mate before Forest River bought them, they still look well built and a little more race useful.....ie more rugged built, functional not has fancy in the living quarters...

But we were staying at motocross tracks, the only thing we did to ours was raise it up 3"....

Product Detail

Top Bottom