Toy hauler questions

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Thinking of getting a bumper pull toy hauler, enclosed garage, 8'2'' wide by 10ft long. Here is our problem, our two grizzlies both have fender flares and when put together, very tightly, they are 6" to wide. A few inches better if we stagger them. We are not taking off the fender flares. We are not going to haul one in the truck, defeats the purpose of having toy hauler.lol The only option then is to turn them sideways which is a lot of work. We have heard that some people us crazy carpets for this purpose. Anyone else have this problem?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went with a Raptor 3018tt model. It does not have a garage all open design. We place a tarp on the rubber floor and load the rzr and a quad inside.

Here is the floor plan. Also we have had no issues of smell from the toys. Sandstorm makes a 5th wheel similar and it also looks good.

3018TT.jpg

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep Forrest river sandstorm. In a 5 th wheel version.
Don't have the floor plan but real close to arffs.

One thing with a toy hauler u have nothing in the box anymore cause its all in and on the trailer.

U might think about a 5 th wheel instead of a bumper pull. Pulls way easter

sent from my htc

Last edited:

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have an attitude by eclipse very similar layout again no garage would not go any other way. so much room. the only thing to remember with an open concept toy hauler is DO NOT have machines full of fuel when inside trailer if it gets hot and the fuel expands u will end up with a slight fuel smell however if u leave them down a little bit I have never had a problem. ensure the tie downs are mounted up to your standards ours were simply 4" nc bolts run into the floor joists no nuts on bottom . ours is a bumper pull and did not pull nice behind a srw 1 ton at all however switched to a drw and pulls like a dream.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Thanks guys, but do not want an open floor plan. We are thinking of all our options. Have truck camper right now, great unit, but hubby is getting tired of a bed a little to short. He also wants a truck that is free for use and we don't like taking camper off everytime. Other option is getting bigger camper with longer bed and buying a cheap truck for running around. Decisions.

Klondike Mike

Reaction score
I actually fit 3 full sized quads, two if them being 2 ups, in the 12 ft garag of our toy hauler. The front one is rotated and set across the front of the garage. It's not that hard to turn. I 1st tried using an atv floor jack under the center of the quad then rotated it on top of a piece of aluminum. Now I insert a reciever in the back to the (polaris) quad and use the jack on the back end. I run the quad in pointing the front towards the corner then jack the back and push it. It moves quite easily on the rubber floor in fact. Sometimes I have to move it forward a bit once I've rotated it so will toss the alum plate under the quad and jack it in the middle and nudge it ahead. The only thing I see being a problem for you is if the garage has a beaver tail. Then you're dealing with the slope.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Have you though about a deck for the truck and put the quads on it? Just an idea.

Sent from my SGH-I717D using Tapatalk 2[/QUOT

Never going to happen, scares the hell out of me watching people do that. A friend of ours had one for a while and once in crappy weather quad actually slipped of sideways and fell to the ground, luckily no one was hurt. We have a nice set up, but are thinking of maybe changing. Just wanted to know how others fit their quads in if they dont fit side by side easily. The floor jack idea from previous thread sounds like a plan.

And having a deck would also defeat the purpose of being able to use the truck to haul other things. We live on an acreage and am always in need of a truck for some reason or other. Having a toy hauler would solve that problem.

Last edited:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I actually fit 3 full sized quads, two if them being 2 ups, in the 12 ft garag of our toy hauler. The front one is rotated and set across the front of the garage. It's not that hard to turn. I 1st tried using an atv floor jack under the center of the quad then rotated it on top of a piece of aluminum. Now I insert a reciever in the back to the (polaris) quad and use the jack on the back end. I run the quad in pointing the front towards the corner then jack the back and push it. It moves quite easily on the rubber floor in fact. Sometimes I have to move it forward a bit once I've rotated it so will toss the alum plate under the quad and jack it in the middle and nudge it ahead. The only thing I see being a problem for you is if the garage has a beaver tail. Then you're dealing with the slope.

Since this garage is only 10' we would then have to move both quads sideways. They are 7' long and 4'4" wide with the fender flares. WAs now thinking of putting small pieces of cardboard under front wheels and using jack to push back end. We use cardboard at work for under the 4 turning wheels of the LAV's for our allignments. Works great.

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll sell you my toy hauler Miranda. It's got a 14' garage. Problem solved :)

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, anybody here have a Weekend warrior? Some of the latter models looked pretty good! I know they went out of business a few years back, but I understand that they are back at it with some trailer manufacturer from Idaho? Any info would be great, good or bad?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, anybody here have a Weekend warrior? Some of the latter models looked pretty good! I know they went out of business a few years back, but I understand that they are back at it with some trailer manufacturer from Idaho? Any info would be great, good or bad?

We camped a few years ago with people who had one. They really liked it

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com

A friend had the big toy hauler version, 40' long, brought it up from the states. Nothing but problems, genset did not start because it was wired to the batteries to start, then batteries were dead in no time. Sewer pipe did not have a big enough slope, toilet kept plugging up. Those are the two things I remember. Got rid of it after 2 seasons

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pacific Coachworks has a couple models of toyhauler called a Sandsport that might be worth checking out. I noticed Grove RV has the SANDSPORT 300 FSG 30
bumper pull model sitting on their lot when I drove by Wednesday.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weekend warriors had a lot of problems with poor craftsmanship leaks and crappy frames I would be very cautious if looking at buying one lots of lawsuits in the USA against tHem

Top Bottom