Towing A Dead Sled

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I simply do not tow any sled, not even my own. I might only if i'm on a trail, preferably a groomed one and not far, otherwise nope. Todays sleds are way too weak chassis wise to tow without risking damage so i wont ask for a tow or expect to be towed.
There is a very simple solution and that's called a chopper, also there are guys that have rigged up work sleds to do recovery and if you research your area there might even be one.
I know Sicamous has a guy doing that, its a very good option.
Here is what i do when it comes to backcountry riding with a regular contingent. We all pitch in to a rescue pot(credit card) before the riding starts at the beginning of the season and it is held in trust. Anyone of us could end up using it if something happened, either way the peace of mind knowing is worth it even if you don't use it.
At the end of the season the money is given back.
As a group effort, it doesn't hurt so much and everyone has each others back making a season of sledding far more enjoyable for everyone. Who wants to waste a great day towing anyhow....i don't.
We did that for a year or 2 as well then peeps lost interest. I personally think its a great idea.

Top Bottom