Towing a dead pro rmk 2014

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
Can someone correct me if I'm wrong. If towing my sled I do need to take off drive belt to quick drive right?
My sled is up in mtns so wondering if anyone knows what size wrench is needed to remove bolts to quick drive?
Recently put on a new can and snow was getting into quick drive area and while I stopped it melted and froze quick drive to bottom of sled and my sled wouldn't move and almost needed to tow it until I figured out it was ice needed to be chipped out and then quick drive did its thing. Almost cut belt off until I noticed the ice build up.
i am putting some high temp silicone around the 1/8 gap where snow was coming in to fix problem.
jist want to be prepared if I really needed to tow it out of the backcountry by adding the correct tools to my pack.
Thanks for any info I'm still new to sledding here in CO.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone correct me if I'm wrong. If towing my sled I do need to take off drive belt to quick drive right?
My sled is up in mtns so wondering if anyone knows what size wrench is needed to remove bolts to quick drive?
Recently put on a new can and snow was getting into quick drive area and while I stopped it melted and froze quick drive to bottom of sled and my sled wouldn't move and almost needed to tow it until I figured out it was ice needed to be chipped out and then quick drive did its thing. Almost cut belt off until I noticed the ice build up.
i am putting some high temp silicone around the 1/8 gap where snow was coming in to fix problem.
jist want to be prepared if I really needed to tow it out of the backcountry by adding the correct tools to my pack.

no need to take the quick drive off.

Just the main drive belt.

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no need to take the quick drive off.

Just the main drive belt.

What he said. If you still had a chaincase you wouldn't take your chain off to tow it. Quickdrive belt just replaces the chain.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you remove the Quick Drive belt you will have no brakes. Always remove the clutch belt when towing.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Or if you shear the lower pulley bolt...
5886bb9772d4e075c3f8bbcc51808c52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you get your sled out okay?

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I carry a 15mm deep socket /small 3/8 ratchet. That does all the clutch and belt drive bolts. I also carry a 10 mm socket for the primary. The quick drive bolts can be super tight, so sometimes a wrench just slips off. Plus, you can use the small spacer on the secondary clutch to aid in putting the drive belt back on. the tool you can buy sucks, because the threads get beat up and become impossible to screw into the shaft. The secondary spacer, works perfectly. just screw it in the top shaft, put the belt on both gears, and slip it on. hold the brake and turn the belt till the splines line up.
the plug tool has the torqs drive you need for the body parts. I also carry a few other tools as I have a turbo.
hope you got it out...

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a video of how you guys change those QD belts so easily. My experience so far has not been quick or easy. Tools no tools. PITA. If it wasn't for the crazy cost of the C3 or TKI every one of my Pros would have one.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I never said easy. lol The trick is to get the belt hot. there's so much wax on them, that they don't stretch easy. I just put them on a hot Eng for 15 minutes. You also have to ease both gears on at the same time. start the bottom one, put the belt on half way on both, then pull the top gear onto the spacer. then pull again and turn till it catches the spline. be super careful not to damage the splines. or your done....

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com

Here is a quick vid with directions from Polaris on the quick drive belt I did a few years back after the guys at the shop decided it was a good idea to start it up while
on the fork lift which is a no no as it burns a hole thru the bottom plastic pan and melted my belt. The easiest way to hold belt in place was a zip tie in the middle
of the belt while being attached to the gears then just slide on and I used the Polaris tools and then used Loctite on the threads for final bolts when put back on.
Just didnt have access to this while up in the mtns and grand lake Co was some untouched powder all over!! and DEEP!!

Top Bottom