Tough start to the grooming season.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
It has been a tough start to the grooming season with all our rain. Lots of slush to deal with in the lower elevations and
the snow is very soft and not packing well at higher elevations. Seems crusty as well at the higher elevations with little moisture
in the snow. Can't seem to lay a very good ribbon.

We are getting some fresh so maybe that will help and today (daytime run for stakes and new signs) may be a good grooming run. Here's hoping...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so how many steaks ya bringin? ya cookin em in the muff pot. mmmmm muff pot cookin

ah shheeet now i'm hungry.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We appreciate the effort you make when dealing with all the weather problems we are having Doug.

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you are getting started grooming...
Edmonton area has about 1" of snow and nothing in sight
So we have not even opened the gates yet

Keep up the good work - we all appreciate it.
Wave to your groomer operator to tell him - Thanks...

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice to see you are getting started grooming...
Edmonton area has about 1" of snow and nothing in sight
So we have not even opened the gates yet

Keep up the good work - we all appreciate it.
Wave to your groomer operator to tell him - Thanks...
Do you remember the date you opened the gates last year?

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It has been a tough start to the grooming season with all our rain. Lots of slush to deal with in the lower elevations and
the snow is very soft and not packing well at higher elevations. Seems crusty as well at the higher elevations with little moisture

We are getting some fresh so maybe that will help and today (daytime run for stakes and new signs) may be a good grooming run. Here's hoping...

Tough to groom dirt eh. Sometimes mother nature doesn't co operate

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Still not enough snow to start grooming in the Whitecourt area.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Tough to groom dirt eh. Sometimes mother nature doesn't co operate

isn't that the truth! It is funny how the whinners that go up the trail 90 mph don't see the dirt though, they don't know the difference between ice and hard snow and all they think about are the darn moguls they create and somebody should doo something about them right now!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isn't that the truth! It is funny how the whinners that go up the trail 90 mph don't see the dirt though, they don't know the difference between ice and hard snow and all they think about are the darn moguls they create and somebody should doo something about them right now!

isnt that the truth

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Last night, while grooming, I was thinking about the conditions of the trail; solid ice to begin with, then wet snow on top of the ice which reminded me of a slurppee, then hard crusty snow that comes out of the mogul master in chunks, and finally at the top, nice moist powder that makes a groomer proud.

We better get some snow soon or we will be riding in the dirt. La Nina and a cold winter my arse!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
where were you groomimg last night? wondering if it is snowing up the claims?

Let me see, I think yesterday was Wednesday and I groomed in Fernie. I groom Crossing Creek on Tuesday. I would think there was fresh up top as we have 3-4" at my house. It would be sweet. Groomed trail, fresh snow, and a muff-pot full of growlies.....it doesn't get much better!

PS just got back from grooming in Fernie.

Top Bottom