Torn track 2016 154 t3

tkozubski

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I noticed upon inspection of my new 2016 154 T3 that a small tear has developed on the side of track.
It currently has about 600km on it and my intentions are to monitor it to see if it continues to keep tearing. Its about 3/4''-1'' right now.
My question is has anyone ever attempted to mend a tear like this? Kevlar line, or perhaps metal leader fishing line?
I can't see warranty coming into play unless I can prove a defect in the track.
Thanks for the suggestions....

Tear.jpg

firstdoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^ I agree. Run it into your dealer. Have them take a look. Worth a shot

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try for warranty. If not I saw a vid from another site of a guy doing track repairs with a loc-tite adhesive product. I'll try to dig up what it was but it was impressive.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To the dealer for warranty! that's should not happen with 600k.. I could see maybe missing a lug if u hit something . but not a lateral tear like that

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can try but can't see it happening IMO. Track warranty has always been tough with the manufacturers. Looks like you maybe caught something on the edge?

Adren-junkie

Reaction score
I stitched one with tie wire about 4 years ago that was ripped at least that bad, as a temporary fix. It's still there. That sled doesn't get a lot of miles now but never thought it would last.

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it to the dealership where you bought it... it will be covered under warranty.

Hey Guys,

I noticed upon inspection of my new 2016 154 T3 that a small tear has developed on the side of track.
It currently has about 600km on it and my intentions are to monitor it to see if it continues to keep tearing. Its about 3/4''-1'' right now.
My question is has anyone ever attempted to mend a tear like this? Kevlar line, or perhaps metal leader fishing line?

View attachment 192303

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hey Guys,

Find an agricultural place that vulcanizes belts on balers/mining equipment. They should be able to fix that.

Top Bottom