top posters

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
07's had big time issues. Engine crankcase assy had some poor clearance issues and motors would seize. I think obviously that that was finally sorted out. Just poor repairs at dealer Mike?
Yup. First time I took in because it would stall going into reverse... ended up they stripped down to crank and rebuilt. Refurbished crank that vibrated entire sled. Took back 3 times and he drove it. Said it had all kinds of power and washed his hands of it.

Second time different place did a short block. Used old oil/ water pump and gears stripped in a day and half.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. First time I took in because it would stall going into reverse... ended up they stripped down to crank and rebuilt. Refurbished crank that vibrated entire sled. Took back 3 times and he drove it. Said it had all kinds of power and washed his hands of it.

Second time different place did a short block. Used old oil/ water pump and gears stripped in a day and half.
Probably used old ones because didn't come with the new SB. Should have inspected them closer as there was probably problems when put it back together If he put it together wrong it wouldn't have lasted a day and a half. Fug I'm glad the 07's and 08's are over with. 2 stressful years. Retired during the 09 year. Thankfully it was a good sled

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one guy go through 3 engines in a 1000 kms on his 07. He's still riding a Polaris to this day and I don't blame him. We sold 165 2008 Summit 800's and then Skidoo sends a letter to every owner to stop riding their sled a month later as drive axle could break and cause injury or death. Then 3 weeks later they start sending out new axles 10 at a time every couple weeks. Had some death threats over that deal. Everyone figgered they should be at the front of the line. I made the decision to give guys axles as their sled was ordered by date the previous spring. Figgered that was the fairest way to do it. Some people didn't think so.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had one guy go through 3 engines in a 1000 kms on his 07. He's still riding a Polaris to this day and I don't blame him. We sold 165 2008 Summit 800's and then Skidoo sends a letter to every owner to stop riding their sled a month later as drive axle could break and cause injury or death. Then 3 weeks later they start sending out new axles 10 at a time every couple weeks. Had some death threats over that deal. Everyone figgered they should be at the front of the line. I made the decision to give guys axles as their sled was ordered by date the previous spring. Figgered that was the fairest way to do it. Some people didn't think so.

Had one of those fine 08's
Welded the shaft until they could get me a new one
Went from an 05 to that 08 first day on the mountain with that 08 all i could say was f**k what a mistake / downgrade I made
motor lasted put a new clutch on it and a team secondary, worked ok then, but the handling sled fought you constantly

Top Bottom