top posters

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
:washing:

weld a bead on the outer race's let them cool ..... they fall out with just a little love
the axle race use a chisel strike twice @ 12 , 3, 6, 9, oclock this will loosen it up should come off with a little luv
while I do appreciate the tricks...... I don't have a welder...... nor am I skilled at the art of welding.......

I may have to try the chisel trick on the inner race......

I need to go buy Axle Socket today..... I only have 1 1/8" apparently this one 1 1/16"....... don't want to make them round.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
while I do appreciate the tricks...... I don't have a welder...... nor am I skilled at the art of welding.......

I may have to try the chisel trick on the inner race......

I need to go buy Axle Socket today..... I only have 1 1/8" apparently this one 1 1/16"....... don't want to make them round.
I would load all for corners up, the carriers and find a welder to run beads in them

or put them in the oven and heat to 500 and try that (last resort)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I would load all for corners up, the carriers and find a welder to run beads in them

or put them in the oven and heat to 500 and try that (last resort)
I'm going to load up all four corners and take them somewhere to get the old bearings out and new ones in (once I get the new ones in hand). I emailed my parts lady my list of needs last night.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm going to load up all four corners and take them somewhere to get the old bearings out and new ones in (once I get the new ones in hand). I emailed my parts lady my list of needs last night.
Call Jay, over at PDC. His best friend owns a welding shop on 97th and Yellowhead. Don Hinecker, is the guy, I just can't think of his shops name. But Jay will know it. And yes, he's still at PDC.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WIN_20210608_091601.JPG

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just did an oil change on my 2001 Ford F150 beater truck. Jaysus not sure if the engineers could do a better job of hiding the oil filter. I feel your pain bud. Oil all the way to me armpit.

Top Bottom