Took my wife and daughter sledding - first time

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Between myself and my sister-inlaw we talked my wife into going for a day of sledding at Cataract Creek. She's typically not an outdoor and by the way it's cold kind of woman. The weather couldn't have been better and the 8 of us had great day of riding the trails. We staged at Cataract and did a nice loop that brought us back for lunch. Brought some firewood and roasted hotdogs in the cookhouse. Lunch, snacks and drinks and everyone was happy to get going again. The trails were pretty rough but expected without any new snow. The girls had to walk around a couple of ice flows cause the sleds would swing sideways with the extra weight on the back. I know cause I was first across and luckily my passenger didn't panic (pretty good drop on one side). We started towards Etherington after lunch and rode Baril loop to find some views. The big joke today is how sore everyone is from riding but a good sore. My wife had a lot of fun and my daughter and her best friend are already asking when we're going again. Minimal damage for the day when my wife tried to use reverse on the trail but forgot to put the scratchers up. She snapped one completely. I think I'll be looking for a reasonably priced touring sled for my wife and daughter. The best friend is much braver and would like to ride her own sled. I'll post some pic's when I find the camera. Got to stop for snow-angels and there's my happy wife (fxr) and my sister-inlaw.

Attachments

• Cataract Family Ride 007 (Small).jpg
    Cataract Family Ride 007 (Small).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 159
  • Cataract Family Ride 010 (Small).jpg
    Cataract Family Ride 010 (Small).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 174

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great story mac. Wish that i could get my wife to take a little bit of interest in sledding........:( ......Hmm maybe just have to find a sledding buddy (mistress) that enjoys the sport......

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, The Things Us "dads" Gota Doo, Eh?? The Snow Looked Good Too, Eh?

The snow is getting very thin in spots at the lower elevations. Up higher like Baril Loop and Fallers it was still really good. Found a small play area and my wife took the 900 for a rip. She layed it on it's side in another track eventually but we got her going again. The girls used to hate when it snowed but my daughter's best friend called last night to say how happy she was that it was snowing again and when can we go again. I suppose if I must do this again, I will. Moms take the girls to a spa and dads take them sledding. I think dad's winning with the most smiles. :)

renegade x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A family ride is a blast,my wife has been riding for 14 years and now were getting the kids going.My daughter is 8 and my son is 5. On family day weekend,we put on 160 km in 2 days with the kids.I had to race at Alberta Beach on sunday or we would have probably went all three days.Having a blast teaching them to drive,the only downfall is soon it's going to cost me for a couple more sleds.:Snowmobile1:

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took my family to clemina for 2 days of riding, they had a blast can't wait to go again!

Top Bottom