Too much Ram, not enough Dodge.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit a dear dead center this evening, looks to be obviously bumper and lower valence, the AC condenser and maybe the air to air intercooler.

If i want to upgrade to an aftermarket bumper, whats the deal with insurance?

Screenshot_20191007-233958_Gallery.jpg

Rbrduk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talk with your body guy. You will have to pay the difference in price for new aftermarket pieces.

Captjacksparrow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jason at Badass Custom Bumpers from Gull Lake Lacombe area builds an awesome bumper. You could hit a moose and be fine with these. Major peace of mind with this thing and reasonably priced. Give him a call. 403.505.9808. Tell him Dan(Extreme Machines) told you to call him, he'll treat you right.

Attachments

• P1010722 (Medium).JPG
    P1010722 (Medium).JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 536
  • P1010473 (Medium).JPG
    P1010473 (Medium).JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 527

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an insurance claim on my 16 ram. With the insurance claim I was able to have the total of the insurance company’s allowable amount (from the damage quote given at the body shop) paid to bulletproof bumpers. When I first spoke with bulletproof they had said that they often deal with insurance company’s and made the whole deal super easy. I was then able to have bulletproof build me both front and rear bumpers for close to the same cost of the insurance pay out for a simple front end collision (no grille damage, no charge air cooler damage just front bumper, fog lights and mounts) I then chose to have them powder coated to match the pearl white factory paint and added a bunch of deadly bright rigid lights on my dime. The final product was amazing and the service and quality of products provided from bulletproof was top shelf!

if I could figure out how to add photos I would but I am not even close to tech savvy enough.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You got lucky that the deer stayed low and didn’t flip up and take out your rad, intercooler, AC condenser etc. I had one do that and drive everything into the fan. Since then I’ve always put a ranch hand bumper with grille guard on every truck I’ve had. In the 15 years since then, I’ve hit several deer and a moose, with the only damage being a bent grille guard and broken headlight from the moose. Was able to drive home every time. IMHO, a big aftermarket bumper without a full grille guard or at least a bull bar or something can make a hit worse, as the bumper sticking out will take the legs out from under the animal and flip the mass of the body right into your grille.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to bullet proof, picked out a slimline model with bar. They are going to look into the powder coat color match option.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20191008-170656_Gallery.jpg
This is from their facebook page.

Like this but in blue, then ill eventually get my grill color matched too.

Last edited:

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im debating single pods or duals. Might splurge and go for the dual pods.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also you gotta get the bucket with the block heater cord recessed into it. Sleek and works great.

oh ya, and don’t forget to get the lock nuts for your new lights.

Im debating single pods or duals. Might splurge and go for the dual pods.

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jason at Badass Custom Bumpers from Gull Lake Lacombe area builds an awesome bumper. You could hit a moose and be fine with these. Major peace of mind with this thing and reasonably priced. Give him a call. 403.505.9808. Tell him Dan(Extreme Machines) told you to call him, he'll treat you right.

Kinda looks like mine but my hoop starts behind the headlight and goes up around it and follows the hood line protecting the whole front end. Good aftermarket front and rear steel bumpers are worth every penny. My favourite feature is the 4x6 LED lights in the back one making it instant daylight when backing up in the dark.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you think a moose is but that bumper is going to do **** to save you from a moose hit! Most times in a moose hit its legs will buckle then it rolls in over the hood and either onto the roof or in through the windshield .....bumper on a pu does ****.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you think a moose is but that bumper is going to do **** to save you from a moose hit! Most times in a moose hit its legs will buckle then it rolls in over the hood and either onto the roof or in through the windshield .....bumper on a pu does ****.

Yes without any good top bars that is likely, but one with protection up to hood height or a bit higher it would likely not come back but a lot depends on speed. If you hit something solid like a moose at over 100 it's likely going to bend the frame if you have a solid bumper and write the truck off.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
might not hold up to a moose at 140, but should be ok for climate protestor's blocking traffic

I can't believe the people at the front of the line didn't just keep driving. Like what are they going to do if you creep forward other then possibly try to damage vehicle? Nothing.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't believe the people at the front of the line didn't just keep driving. Like what are they going to do if you creep forward other then possibly try to damage vehicle? Nothing.

I heard the police were protecting the protestor's from the public, helping them block traffic.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard the police were protecting the protestor's from the public, helping them block traffic.

Yea eventually but at the start no police where there and people just stopped. Like why? It's impossible to run someone over at a few km an hour it'll just push them. Fawk em. The irony is that their protect caused more emissions. So much for saving the environment idiots.

Top Bottom