Too much oil?

yamaha125cc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mix up some oil for my 2000 yz 125 and i was riding around and it died. It was dark out so i said il see what wrong tomorrow. So this morning i went out and it started?:confused: So i driving around and it die's. So i check the spark plug and it was fould up. And it was just black so i guess i mix it to rich. 32:1 So i just add some straight gas and that help. Next time i guess i will mix it 35:1

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Was it smoking alot? Is there oil running out the end of the tail pipe? What kind of oil are you using? I use a Torco full synthetic oil with premium gas and a 40:1 in most of our bikes. We run a 50:1 in my sons KTM but it gets a new top end every year. Cheaper oil may require a richer mixture. It depends on how hard you run them as well and if you freshen the top end up every second season. 32:1 is the manufacturers recommendation for these bikes but they expect them to be raced at wide open throttle most of the time. Make sure you carry a spare plug with you. You can add gas to your jerry can but make sure you know how much is in there to start with so you can accurately get the mixture you want. Good Luck and ride safe.

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you do know on a 2 stroke you got to crack it everyonce and a while :rolleyes:. you shouldnt fowl plugs, its cuased by the plug not burning all the GAS. you should check your jetting.

this is how you ride a 2 stroke LOL

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZHnLnU37J8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8OndR7yxYI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPqE5eoQuvA&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of things to consider most of which have all been mentioned, jetting has been the biggest problem with my bike, it fouled plugs all the time earlier this season and I had it jetted pretty much as lean as it can go and no foulage yet. My bike is meant to be raced and which it is not, so I was riding around the beginning of the season, mixed my oil about 50:1 and that didn't help ..kept fouling, but the jetting has seemed to solve the problem so I would look into that if you continue to have the problem if you try everything else.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh and just a comment about one of the vids andre posted, revving the piss out of your bike at a stand still does not help - this is actually one of the things that has caused my bike to foul plugs.. I would rev it lots when stopped breifly to keep it from idling and after a while of doing this every so often when I let the clutch out and go it would die due to a fouled plug and was told to never rev your bike hard at a stand still, and don't let it idle long.. if your stopping..shut it off. When you start it up for the first time to go for a ride, let the engine warm up a bit, give it a little bit of gas but don't rev the piss out of it.. anyways, just what i have been told my numerous experienced riders

Top Bottom