Tonsil hockey anyone?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this one.....

Tonsil hockey steals show at Vancouver riot

BY KEITH BONNELL, POSTMEDIA NEWS JUNE 16, 2011 COMMENTS (19)

STORYPHOTOS ( 1 )

Riot police walk in the street as a couple kiss on June 15, 2011 in Vancouver, Canada. Vancouver broke out in riots after their hockey team the Vancouver Canucks lost in Game Seven of the Stanley Cup Finals.
Photograph by: Rich Lam, Getty Images
He shoots, they score.

In the midst of the chaos on Vancouver's streets Wednesday night, it appears a little romance broke out.

And the photo — a young man and woman lying on the street, kissing, seemingly oblivious to the baton-wielding riot police and mayhem around them — became an online sensation Thursday.

Some were cheering the couple on, others said it was staged, and a few questioned just how consensual the moment was.

A blogger on Esquire even called it "the greatest photo from Wednesday night, and maybe ever."

There were also some slap shots at the Canucks, whose abysmal Game 7 performance provided the context, or at least the excuse, for the riot and subsequent romantic interlude.

"At least someone from Vancouver can score on the road!" tweeted one observer.

Freelance photographer Rich Lam snapped the picture-perfect moment — reminiscent, one writer noted, of a modern-day version of Gustav Klimt's The Kiss — for photo agency Getty.

He told Postmedia News on Thursday that when he shot a few quick frames, he thought someone had been hurt and was lying in the street.

"I didn't really see what I really had until after I gave my memory cards (to an editor on site) and someone said 'Oh, nice picture of the couple kissing,'" said Lam, who was doing several media interviews about his photo Thursday.

"I was like, 'Oh my God, they're making out.' Here I thought she was hurt and kind of had a sympathetic guy . . . but they're making out."

Another photo has also surfaced, showing what appears to be the same couple from above with others standing around them, fuelling speculation the moment was set up.

But the couple in question have all the real answers, and until they're found — their lips are sealed.

kbonnell@postmedia.com

Read more: Tonsil hockey steals show at Vancouver riot

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
And here is the picture to go with the story!!! Kinda hot in a Riot baton wielding way!!! :d

riot34.jpg

what_next

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's one of those iconic pictures that will go down in the history books for sure, its a great shot

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Vancouvers new logo...........come to vancouver..you will have a riot..bwhahaha

Top Bottom