Theft In Red Deer

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you really want to get your stuff back and not just collect on insurance buy a spot tracker place it inside will tell you exactly where the unit is if it gets snarfed.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Police are disheartened by the justice system, and i see their point.... A call about a vehicle theft involves a lot of police time, with reports and court time, and usually in the end, if the thief is a first time offender, just get off with slap on the wrist and out on probation. Repeat offenders obviously may get similar, or short jail time, but way too leniant in my books :(

unless their is some resistance of arrest, or huge police chase involved, penalties for these creeps is very shallow, and needs to be increased substantially.

What are your views?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100% agree based on the conversations I had the the cops after my wife's biz was broken into twice in a month.

Police are disheartened by the justice system, and i see their point.... A call about a vehicle theft involves a lot of police time, with reports and court time, and usually in the end, if the thief is a first time offender, just get off with slap on the wrist and out on probation. Repeat offenders obviously may get similar, or short jail time, but way too leniant in my books :(

unless their is some resistance of arrest, or huge police chase involved, penalties for these creeps is very shallow, and needs to be increased substantially.

What are your views?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What are your views?
Totally agree. There are some lazy cops but most are just very frustrated by dealing with the same **** rats over and over because our legal system is completely ineffective.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What are your views?

I would think the police are frustrated, but to give up is creating a bigger problem. It's like raising your kids, you let them get away with stuff and they become snot nosed little brats. Discipline your children and teach them right and wrong you get good kids. Police need to be doing a lot more and start training these neglected brats that lazy parents gave up on.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What are your views?

To an extent I agree with you. I think most law abiding people are fed up with the legal system. Thst being said cops have no problem setting up speed traps with 4 or 5 officers tied up for a period of time. Heavens forbid they do what they are supposed to do and catch crooks. Paperwork is part of the job. They also don't seem to have a problem charging the guy that defends his property and stands up for himself. That really browns me off. They charged that poor guy a few yrs ago for shooting the guys stealing his quad. Should have given him a medal and some more ammo

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To an extent I agree with you. I think most law abiding people are fed up with the legal system. Thst being said cops have no problem setting up speed traps with 4 or 5 officers tied up for a period of time. Heavens forbid they do what they are supposed to do and catch crooks. Paperwork is part of the job. They also don't seem to have a problem charging the guy that defends his property and stands up for himself. That really browns me off. They charged that poor guy a few yrs ago for shooting the guys stealing his quad. Should have given him a medal and some more ammo
the cops aren't charging anyone that's the broken justice system at work again. Also there are traffic cops and GD members. Traffic cops police traffic they aren't allowed to be out catching bad guys.

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't driving a stollen vehicle,pulling a stollen trailer down a public street some sort of traffic violation,just saying.
the cops aren't charging anyone that's the broken justice system at work again. Also there are traffic cops and GD members. Traffic cops police traffic they aren't allowed to be out catching bad guys.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Isn't driving a stollen vehicle,pulling a stollen trailer down a public street some sort of traffic violation,just saying.

criminal code violation I believe, probably driving while suspended though too.....

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy had his wife's truck stolen off his driveway in crossfield. He jumped in his truck, caught up to them as they pulled into airdrie as he was talking to the Mounties. They reacted quickly and had 4 cars box the truck in and arrest the guy. Another lowlife in a truck following him got away by driving across some lawns but was caught soon afterwards. Both were early Canadians with long records. The best news was they had to drop the charges on the one in the stolen truck because after he maid bail he died of a phentanol overdose.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im thinkin had it been called in as a drunk driver waving a gun out the window they woulda responded
Yup but it wasn't, it was just a theft so they were at a higher priority call like the guy beating the **** out his wife in their home

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddies dad woke up one night seen guys in the shop. Called the cops said that there's guys that had broke into the shop and are still in there so come get them. They said it would be 1-2hrs before they could get there. So he hung up the phone and waited a minute or 2 then called back and told them to take there time because he shot the thieves so they weren't going anywhere. Cops showed up in under 15 min. They come into the house and arrested his dad! The cops were there in the thieves were in the shop and they didn't even arrest the guys. He got charged for uttering threats or something stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My luck must suck. I leave my toy hauler unlocked in my yard praying for someone to drive away with it and the only thing I've ever had go missing are the empty propane tanks and the two split and dead 6-volt batteries.

Meanwhile the neighbours have both their trailers locked up solid behind fences and thieves have tried to steal both of them.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My luck must suck. I leave my toy hauler unlocked in my yard praying for someone to drive away with it and the only thing I've ever had go missing are the empty propane tanks and the two split and dead 6-volt batteries.

Meanwhile the neighbours have both their trailers locked up solid behind fences and thieves have tried to steal both of them.

They must think your trailer is a bait trailer. You might be on to something. Lol

collin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy had his wife's truck stolen off his driveway in crossfield. He jumped in his truck, caught up to them as they pulled into airdrie as he was talking to the Mounties. They reacted quickly and had 4 cars box the truck in and arrest the guy. Another lowlife in a truck following him got away by driving across some lawns but was caught soon afterwards. Both were early Canadians with long records. The best news was they had to drop the charges on the one in the stolen truck because after he maid bail he died of a phentanol overdose.

God, I love a happy ENDING !!!!!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddies dad woke up one night seen guys in the shop. Called the cops said that there's guys that had broke into the shop and are still in there so come get them. They said it would be 1-2hrs before they could get there. So he hung up the phone and waited a minute or 2 then called back and told them to take there time because he shot the thieves so they weren't going anywhere. Cops showed up in under 15 min. They come into the house and arrested his dad! The cops were there in the thieves were in the shop and they didn't even arrest the guys. He got charged for uttering threats or something stupid.

I think if a guy worded it correctly he could initiate a quick response without admitting any homicidal tendencies....for example: "Hi the 911....my shop has been broken into and the guys are still on my property. I think they are armed. I'm a hunter, so I will hold them off with whatever means I have until you get here". CLICK. When questioned later, "any means" can mean a fishing rod or a big stick.....

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if a guy worded it correctly he could initiate a quick response without admitting any homicidal tendencies....for example: "Hi the 911....my shop has been broken into and the guys are still on my property. I think they are armed. I'm a hunter, so I will hold them off with whatever means I have until you get here". CLICK. When questioned later, "any means" can mean a fishing rod or a big stick.....

Yah that would of been better lol. But he's a old redneck farmer he don't think like that.

Top Bottom