Tobe 2.0 gear

woodnailer

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody is using the Tobe 2.0 gear that could offer a little feedback on it? I've been wearing the same Klim bibs for 12-13 years and they have gotten to the point of needing replacement. Love the Klim bibs but don't really care for black being the only color choice now so I'm just exploring some other options. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been wearing it for 3 years now...I was sick of being wet from previous gear. Yes, I am sponsored by TOBE but I will honestly say I stay dry all day and in some of the toughest conditions. It does what it is supposed to do, it looks great and is owned by a very passionate sledder.

You will be very happy with TOBE. Your friends will probably want to get some once they see yours.

I had a zipper fail 3 years ago...that is the only failure I've ever had and I ride over 150 days a season in my gear.

Let me know if I can help anymore...

Chris

photo-34.JPG

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have TOBE 2.0 gear and has been pretty good so far. Compared to my Klim stuff it's a bit thin so I need to put on an extra layer to keep warm. I haven't been wet with it yet. I had a seam pop open in a crash but I think it was my throttle flipper that grabbed through it so I can't blame the gear. Got it sewed back up and good to go again

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't buy insulated technical gear for mountain riding. You want to wear layers. TOBE also has a marino wool base layer system that is the best I have used. I wear a thin and mid layer of marino wool and can shed the mid layer at anytime. Stays dry and doesn't smell...even after a week. At least I don't smell it ;)

snoqueen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been wearing a TOBE jacket for my second season, and I have nothing but good things to say about it! Previously wore Klim, but was bored with their colors. I wanted something bright that stood out, and would be warm and dry. I have ridden in all sorts of conditions, from cold to warm, rainy and wet snow. I have never been wet, and never cold. Most times I don't even wear my liner underneath as I tend to overheat when playing hard. Love TOBE, and I notice next season the women's line even has more choices....and two awesome Monosuits to chose from! :)

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where can we buy TOBE gear in Calgary?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DPike

Reaction score
I had to order mine online but they are shipped out of Kelowna so it didn't take that long. I emailed Tomas directly to sort out my sizing which I will say is very important especially with the monosuits which is what I have been wearing this season. I only have 4 days of sledding but do have 10 days of snowboarding experience with it in various (-25 to +5 C) conditions and am quite pleased. Wicks moisture very well but will agree with comments above regarding an extra layer as it is a little lighter than the Klim gear.

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have TOBE pants and I love them. Like Snowqueen said you don't need to add extra layers when you are playing hard. I rode in wet heavy powder today and was not wet at all. The outside material get's wet but I was dry underneath. I have Klim bib's and Jacket and love them but they are way too warm when mountain riding and black is boring.

RaspberryNytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Mono suit this year and it's really worth the money and worth the wait. I've been wearing Klim for years and needed a change. great product and great service.

I have seen a preview of next year's gear….. SWEEEEET :)

RN

Top Bottom