To Stud or Not??

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have a set of Avalanche Extreme tires for the 3/4 ton. Now should I stud these tire or not?? Winter tires only never to be driven in the summer. Truck will have a deck and 2 sleds on it at all times. BC north and south from Edmonton during the sled season.
What do you think???

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a set of Avalanche Extreme tires for the 3/4 ton. Now should I stud these tire or not?? Winter tires only never to be driven in the summer. Truck will have a deck and 2 sleds on it at all times. BC north and south from Edmonton during the sled season.
What do you think???

couldn't hurt.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Studded tires are awesome, but I don't think you can stud a tire that has already been drove on. I'm pretty sure they have to be new.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
STUD. No question. I run a set of winter-only's for the pickup as well. Studded snow and ice tires. I go where chained up trucks go. Came home from Revy on Saturday morning and almost every semi-truck on the Roger's Pass was chained up...we cruised the ol El Camino home towing the trailer with nary a tire slipped.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i agree studs are the way to go. had a guy at work who had studded tires.. all the rest of us had to chain up.

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Studded tires are awesome, but I don't think you can stud a tire that has already been drove on. I'm pretty sure they have to be new.

I thought he said they were driven in the summer or sumthing too had to reread.That is what I was told too about studding have to be new I guess gravel can get in to the holes if they are used.

Top Bottom