To all the idiots at wabamum boat launch this past Sunday...

hymanykd

Reaction score
Just got to get it off my chest... Just because you can own it does not mean you can drive it or think you can! An hour and a quarter for twenty five people to load at a double ramp give me a break. Learn how to back your trailer in an empty lot not at the boat ramp! Learn how to drive your boat to the trailer. Paddleing it and walking it to the trailer is a waste of everyone's time and oh ya everyone out at the dock the 5 kids and 2 wives don't help as much as you think! Should take you no longer thank 3 min to back up load it and hook it and pull out. There now I feel better!

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a guy could possibly have a better time watching peeps try and back down the launch for starters and then load their boat..

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This was at the jackfish boat launch this summer, this guy didn't want to get his wheels wet on his suv and didn't know how to back up and spent 20 minutes trying to load his boat while talking up the whole boat launch. All he had to do was back in another foot and he could of drove the boat right on rather than have 4 Guys pushing wondering why it won't go on the trailer, rocket scientists.

Sent from a iPhone

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347326729.594703.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347326729.594703.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 599

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha. i hear u on all of this.. i go to boat ramps to just watch ppl for the pure entertainment... some gooders.. and then they get pi$t when u ask them if they need help. lol

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pulled the Terminator 2 probably 14 years ago on my buddy at a boat launch. I watched him jack knife the trailer about 4 times and had enough...... There was no lineup but it was bloody embarassing to be associated with. I made him look stupid sortof.... but then he already looked like a retard anyhow. I just walked up to the door of his truck, opened it and said "Get out" ( Like T1000 when he came through the windshield of the helicopter). He just looked at me stupidly so I said it again and he complied. Dropped her in drive, peeled out up the concrete pad, dropped it in reverse and had it nicely alongside te dock in about 15 seconds.......

I asked him what was so difficult about that exactly to which I got "Well your a farm kid and you know how to back up trailer"........ To which I replied "And your point being exactly?"

It should be made mandatory that if you intend to pull a trailer ( recreational or otherwise) you should have to demonstrate you are competent to do so. I had to as part of getting my Class 1..... it should be an add on for a class 5 as well!

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
u shoulda done a loop by the launch all loaded with ballast ,,,n soaked him...

This was at the jackfish boat launch this summer, this guy didn't want to get his wheels wet on his suv and didn't know how to back up and spent 20 minutes trying to load his boat while talking up the whole boat launch. All he had to do was back in another foot and he could of drove the boat right on rather than have 4 Guys pushing wondering why it won't go on the trailer, rocket scientists.

Sent from a iPhone

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are absolutley right.....some time more fun than the boating

We were at the Town of Wabumun boat launch on Saturday mid July. Son was on the lake with the boat and took 1/2 hour to get back to the dock to pick us up.
We sat and watched as people attempted to back up -- great entertainment

Worst one was a brand new SUV backed up to load a breand new Bennington Pontoon boat $$$$ - took some time to get loaded and then with the ladies in the pontoon boat he drove forward and the pontoon floated sideways off the trailer and onto the concrete ramps - SH!T now it was half on the cement and half in the middle of the pontoon trailer.
After some time of head scratching they backed the trailer up while 5 men lifted the front pontoon just high enough so it did not rub the cement. Second load to 3 times longer than the first but it came out of the water okay this time ... SH!T HAPPENS... not what happens as how you deal/fit it afterwards....
Felt sorry for him afterwards as I am sure that was the first time loading and unloading as everything was WAY TO SHINY.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Lol...... I've bitched about this in here before I have learned to plan to not pull out until the bs dies down. Sit back and watch the festivities..... I love the "put the boat back in and fix it because its 1/2" off center, and then float it to much and have to do this 5 or 6 times" or the " I'll just pull by boat over to my trailer with the bow line right in front of the other boat trying to Load guy"

But what really chaps my ass is the "look at me I can show off my fancy new boat and I pull a tube/skier/wake boarder through the slow area in the bay at 35mph because I'm the only guy who can wake board on this lake and need to show everyone how it's done buy cruising right by the dock and launch kicking up 4' wake" guy

800RMK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The boat launch idiots really tick me off also. Saw a few "disagreements" over the years and a few times there were just about fist fights. When the wind picks up at Calling Lake it can get pretty bad at the provincial campground launch. What really pisses me off is when people have the dock blocked off with boats and people so you can't even drop anybody off to go get the truck. Raising your voice and waving your arms seems to get them cleared out of the way though lol.

Sprint5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to say I agree. But when you are pulling around a Mastercraft X45 like myself you need to make sure it's not a 1/2" off because. Its worth spending the time and not spending $145 000 on another boat because you screwed your hull. But because we dont want to piss people off, we just bought a slip at the marina and load it at that launch. $1100 dollars a year sure seems worth it rather then dealing with all the drunks.

Sent from my LT15a using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Your master craft sits on bunks, regardless of it it's 1/2" off I won't rub the wheel wells nor will your shaft or prop touch the guard as well as having the guide posts to direct you in perfectly. Being 1/2" off will not damage your boat. And Besides that I have a 5000$ pos that I manage to get on my trailer, strait, tied, and out of the water in about 2 mins.

Just sayin

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best entertainment used to be watching the RC's go for their monthly cruise on the lake. Loading and unloading could take up to 30 minutes depending on which rookies they sent out that day.....LOL

hymanykd

Reaction score
After seeing the sh&@ show I'm not starting to think if your towing anything longer than 14' maybe you should get a license bloody dangerous if you don't know how to drive it. Oh I forgot they tried that with boats right? You get it on line no water test required! That would explain trading of paint when buddy pulls up to the pier with his brand new 50k boat and rubs up up against the other boat and they ask each for licance and reg! Funny how the two go hand in hand.

Top Bottom