Titan XD

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger and traded off my 2011 ram 3500 for the new Titan XD Pro4X with the Luxury pack.... All I can say is I wish Nissan had this truck 4 years ago, the Ram is just a pile compared to this rig, the interior is very well designed, the ride is unbelievable and the cummins power is a beaut you defiantly feel that 555 ftlb of torque in this one. I'd post pics but can't be bothered to go threw the whole ordeal lol just google it.

Any one else thinking about them???

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was looking at them online but need to check one out in person. I had an '09 Titan Pro 4x4 and drove nice but was boring and ugly. The 11 year old unchanged platform definitely needed updating. Be interesting to see some real world reviews and mileage from these.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to hearing how you like it and how it performs. How did it compare price-wise to the domestics? What kind of use are you going to be putting it to?

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Well the ride is just unreal to be honest with you its just sooo solid and yet soft, it doesn't shutter, shake, or get side to side wheel hop like domestic truck over bumps. The power is great and milage is good its better than my deleted dodge that I traded in. So my over all expirance so far is great with it.
I'm using the truck just for towing the sleds and the horses, and the odd thing here and there. We used to have 5 acres with horses on it and hauled hay, and our rv with the Ram, but we sold the rv and the acreage, boarded the horses. So the dodge got sold and we bought thus it's just a pleasure truck but it could do some work if I want it to.
I think this truck is hands down a better truck than people will ever give it credit for, which is kind of a nice thing because all those eco boost idiots won't drive and or understand em lol. Also I won't have to see 300 of them parked in the same lot... LOL To each their own but this is a serious rig when you look at the construction of it. There is a video somewheres where some nissan guy was saying "yes this truck is over built for it purpose but we dont want to be like the rest of them, it's built to be dependable" it's on the Google Web somewheres I thought that was a good phrase because it true.

Last edited:

uninc...

Reaction score
Nissan definitely needed some change. Looks like a nice truck. Seems it kinda falls in a weird market though because it's still on half ton side of capability but the same price as a full size diesel? And mpg numbers don't seem much better than the full size diesels either. I'm sure it rides a lot nicer then a 1 ton though!

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
I got it for 67 and change, which really isnt much more than the others but again its built well so id rather pay a bit extra never to go in for a b.s steering part recal, or radiators that split, or tranny lines that leak ... but having 3 rams and a ford in the past, service was a joke, Im just tired of bad service and repairs from domestics.
You walk into nissan and its nice, theres no goblins behind the counter trying to upsell you on ****, its a nice change real customer service.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I gotta say I found the Nissan service and parts department both much better than any of the other dealers I've dealt with. And warranty claims were easy and no hassles. 67 for what you got is about 7-10g higher than an equally equipped ecodiesel when I priced the two out online but resale is going to be much better on the Titan.
I would like to see some real world mpg from them though. I would have thought they would have tried to get closer to the numbers the Eco is putting up. If it's not getting much better than a 3/4 ton which one can get into for about the same price it's not worth it in my eyes. Hell their 12 year old 5.6 gasser gets 17ish on the hwy.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I paid $55000 for the first Eco diesel and $53000 for the second one. Full load leather. I've got over 100000km on mine and had to spend $700 on a new front end off warranty. Mileage is still amazing and no squeaks and rattles yet. Put air bags inside the coil springs which was a total waist of money because they help very little for levelling the truck out with a load. The Nissan looks awesome keep us updated with real world mileage and some pics with a load on it.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK OK but on a serious note how much are one of these rigs worth?

If it's within a few thousand of an 1 ton diesel why bother?

The Nissian Warrior looks fackan sweet!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved my previous Titan. Now running the F350 and enjoy that truck a lot as well. Been watching very closely the new Titan. I am somewhat disappointed by the selling cost ($73,000+ for the Platinum) relative to the real world mileage reports I have been reading. It sure is a beauty of a truck and if money was no object, sure I would have one, but the real world mileage reports aren't selling me. Since the majority use of my 1 ton is towing the trailer, I imagine the 350 will be better overall, and with the deletes my mileage seems comparable to the Titan's real world. Somewhat disappointing as I really thought I'd be back into a Titan. Maybe in a few years......

Good to hear the truck is solid. Looking forward to your ongoing review and mileage reports. Neighbour up the road just bought one too. Going to follow his experience as well.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2016 F150 3683" wheelbase, 4x4 Supercrew -
Max payload: 2096 lbs payload with 5.0L
Max Tow: 10,078 lbs (or 11,875 lbs with 3.5 V6)

2016 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Cummins - 4X4 Crew
Max payload: 1467 lbs
Max Tow:10,600 lbs

So what's the appeal here with the Titan - it isn't payload or towing capacity - is it simply the ease of towing? Not trying to be smartass - not much experience with diesel.

For 65 k + ;why not just go with a 1 Ton Diesel? Seems sort of silly to be in the half ton diesel game for this much dough.

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Hahah no **** eh... the Point is that me personally will never tow 11k with a halfer for the fact that it is a scary f*ckin ride, been in one before and though we were going to die. They will not handle the trailer the trailer handles you in that scenario. The titan just flat out has the ability to be safer towing that size of a load with out having to put serious stress on your drive components. Again to each their own but those guys towing 10 or 11k with a halfer please stay away from me.

My 1 ton was great for towing, average 13L/100 k deleted 6.7 ram great on fuel but the ride was just junk. Hands down junk and I can't stand the service departments.

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and the ford 1/2 ton is 15 000$ + cheaper

2016 F150 3683" wheelbase, 4x4 Supercrew -
Max payload: 2096 lbs payload with 5.0L
Max Tow: 10,078 lbs (or 11,875 lbs with 3.5 V6)

2016 Nissan Titan XD Platinum Cummins - 4X4 Crew
Max payload: 1467 lbs
Max Tow:10,600 lbs

So what's the appeal here with the Titan - it isn't payload or towing capacity - is it simply the ease of towing? Not trying to be smartass - not much experience with diesel.

For 65 k + ;why not just go with a 1 Ton Diesel? Seems sort of silly to be in the half ton diesel game for this much dough.

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your truck.

As for dealer comparisons, I'd wait and see, hopefully it will be better. I've experienced crappy dealerships both domestic and import.

Top Bottom