Titan XD

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Owned a Titan for a short period, if you're planning on using it as a truck is meant to be or for work good luck. It was in the shop every other month. The box welds split from my fire extinguisher, piled the rear diff at 30,000k they told me because it was lifted with 35" on it. All which they installed. It had good power for a half ton but drank the fuel. My Cummings was in the shop one week so decided to try pulling my ski steer with it, owned that truck. Maybe I had a lemon but simply not a truck for any type of serious pulling or work. And you must agree that price tag for a half ton is a joke, a 5.0 Cummings ain't worth 25k the difference from a loaded gas

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Owned a Titan for a short period, if you're planning on using it as a truck is meant to be or for work good luck. It was in the shop every other month. The box welds split from my fire extinguisher, piled the rear diff at 30,000k they told me because it was lifted with 35" on it. All which they installed. It had good power for a half ton but drank the fuel. My Cummings was in the shop one week so decided to try pulling my ski steer with it, owned that truck. Maybe I had a lemon but simply not a truck for any type of serious pulling or work. And you must agree that price tag for a half ton is a joke, a 5.0 Cummings ain't worth 25k the difference from a loaded gas

The rear diffs/axles in the Titan's are complete and utter garbage. Hopefully they've changed them up.

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Diffs are upgraded alot bigger than what they used to be, I believe American Axle is building them now for them so we will how everything holds up but from first impressions it is a seriously built rig a lot strong than old titans hands down and vs. The domestics parts look bigger than them too.

landownunder

Reaction score

My 07 titan with 240k km on it pulls my trailer without any real issues. Yes it is a pig on fuel with a load behind it but the truck has 240k km on it now and pulled our 9000 lb trailer without any real problems at all. Unloaded it is pretty comparable with most 1/2 tons it age for fuel mileage, maybe a slight bit worse. Although I would love a bigger truck for the 5-6 times a year I pull the trailer I can live with the pathetic towing mileage for now. A bigger truck is going to happen soon......thinking about upgrading to a bigger truck for this year, really would just like to wait a year or two to pick up a 'slightly used' Titan XD as I agree the price tag is pretty high but we will see!

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
JD Power rated as one of the 15 worst new vehicle choices in 2016 . Comments as follows

Long in need of a refresh, Nissan’s full-size pickup truck tends to be also-ran in an intensely brand-loyal segment; it’s handily outclassed by entries from Chevrolet/GMC, Ford and Ram, and to a lesser degree, Toyota. The Titan is rated both below average in residual value from ALG and in performance from J.D. Power; it’s also noted as being among Consumer Reports’ worst values.

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
I'll take this titan all day over the Rams I've got and sold. My 13 5500 is a pile slow and boring, my 09 F5500 was just gay broken all the time lost more money with that truck than anything.. and the 11 Ram I traded off was good but it wasn't fun to drive until I put 175 hp tune and a delete kit on it, than it was enjoyable but the ride was ****. The titan is good I like it alot better than any other truck I've tried in the last 3 years and we buy alot of vehicles because we get bored of them I never bought a new ram or any other brand because there still the same old ****.. and GMs are just bunk interiors rattle and are cheap. Oh I forgot it has 4G, not like people know how to hot spot or anything GM rather than putting BS tech into the trucks why don't they just make them better???... way to stay in the dark bow tie

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger and traded off my 2011 ram 3500 for the new Titan XD Pro4X with the Luxury pack.... All I can say is I wish Nissan had this truck 4 years ago, the Ram is just a pile compared to this rig, the interior is very well designed, the ride is unbelievable and the cummins power is a beaut you defiantly feel that 555 ftlb of torque in this one. I'd post pics but can't be bothered to go threw the whole ordeal lol just google it.

Any one else thinking about them???

good to know.. nice to see a cummins in something not a dodge... no offence but i love the cummins hate the dodge... would never buy a dodge product again except with a cummin in it... look forward to your reviews on the truck... is it heavy?

Dragon4x4

Reaction score
Yea I was in the same boat as you so I was Very Happy to see it in a differant brand... well the truck is heavy but it's purpose built. You don't really feel the weight it's balanced quite well IMO, taking a corner a little too fast does not have a roll and dip effect either it's impressive.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't figure out why build a "heavy duty" truck that has such poor payload and towing capacity, no better than a heavy duty half ton, I was intrigued by the xd until I found out how useless it would be, shame as I am sure quality is top notch.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't figure out why build a "heavy duty" truck that has such poor payload and towing capacity, no better than a heavy duty half ton, I was intrigued by the xd until I found out how useless it would be, shame as I am sure quality is top notch.

Agreed. I think Nissan missed the mark on where this truck should've fit in the big scheme of things. I think they tried to fill the very narrow gap in capability between a half ton gasser and a diesel 3/4 ton. Pretty tough to do not only in terms of performance but in price as well. For the price IMO you're better off with a domestic 3/4 ton diesel. Gotta give Nissan credit for thinking outside the box and I'm sure the quality is good, but I don't think it's gonna be a big seller.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a brochure this weekend. It's only about 160 hp at max torque. The 310 hp at 3200 rpm.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 292

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see about 180hp at 1600rpm, but it has a pretty flat torque curve to 3000rpm

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the Eco Diesel just for comparison.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 280

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Eco diesel looks like junk in comparison.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.
The Eco diesel at 160 hp is the same torque as the Cummins is at 180 hp. All I know is my Eco diesel pulls my 4 place trailer as good as my 05 duramax did power wise.The Eco diesel has a 8 speed which keeps it in the power band. The Nissan has a very broad torque band which should make it pull very good. And Aisin transmission for the Nissan is a proven winner.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
The Eco diesel at 160 hp is the same torque as the Cummins is at 180 hp. All I know is my Eco diesel pulls my 4 place trailer as good as my 05 duramax did power wise.The Eco diesel has a 8 speed which keeps it in the power band. The Nissan has a very broad torque band which should make it pull very good. And Aisin transmission for the Nissan is a proven winner.
You're right. Junk was definitely the wrong choice of words. But those HP and torque curves sure drop off a LOT faster than the Cummins.

That Cummins torque curve is quite impressive actually.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The reason for it is to help the little trans live.
If you actually even put a 6.7 Cummins on the dyno their advertised peak hp/tq is only for a brief bit in 1st/2nd gear because the trans behind it is a weak pos in stock form so they have to derate to help live till it's at least off warranty lol.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom