Tires

ezrider

Reaction score
Just looking to get some opinions on tires for my 08 Polaris 800EFI....the stock ones suck ass and because the damn thing is sooooo heavy I figure that tires couldn't hurt....I am looking at ther ITP Mudlites and the ITP 589's....

Thanks! :d

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking to get some opinions on tires for my 08 Polaris 800EFI....the stock ones suck ass and because the damn thing is sooooo heavy I figure that tires couldn't hurt....I am looking at ther ITP Mudlites and the ITP 589's....

Thanks! :d

589's are way heavier than stock, and the amount you will gain with Mudlites isn't worth the price. If you're going to spend any kind of $$ on tires, go with Zillas. They are way lighter than anything else, and they are an incredible mud tire, plus they run fairly smooth on the trails. Best bang for your buck.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your looking at a moderate mud/trail tire i would say 28" zillas or 27" mudlight xtr's. keep in mind xtr's are quite a bit heavier then zillas. zillas are extremely light.

ezrider

Reaction score
Thank guys! Zillas it is then. I heard this from two other people just this morning as well so that is four of you with the same opinion.

:d

ezrider

Reaction score
Where can a guy buy the Zillas for a decent price?? So far I have been looking around and wholly Sh!t batman!!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Where can a guy buy the Zillas for a decent price?? So far I have been looking around and wholly Sh!t batman!!

I NEVER buy my quad tires from a dealer. Go directly to your local tire shop. After all that is their business and if they don't stock them they are only a couple days away. I saved $100 on 4 27" XTR's at my local Fountain tire. Good Luck

ackid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I NEVER buy my quad tires from a dealer. Go directly to your local tire shop. After all that is their business and if they don't stock them they are only a couple days away. I saved $100 on 4 27" XTR's at my local Fountain tire. Good Luck

i ve got the same tires on my sxs. seem to work good. nver got a chance to run the stock tires. switched them out when i bought it. recomend a clutch kit. my dad put samp lites on his 1000 prowler and it now needs a clutch kit.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
i ve got the same tires on my sxs. seem to work good. nver got a chance to run the stock tires. switched them out when i bought it. recomend a clutch kit. my dad put samp lites on his 1000 prowler and it now needs a clutch kit.

I like em' :) I can get 2500 miles out of a set on my Can-Am. There is definitely better muskeg tires out there but for an all around great radial tire you can't beat the XTR. IMO

ezrider

Reaction score
OK so right now I have 26x8R12 and 26x11R12 on my quad....I assume the 26 is the height? The 8 is the width and of course the 12 is the rim size??

So what is the best size tire to go with without having to get spacer and all that crap?? My guess would be 28x8R12 and 28 x 11R12??

I found out that Casterland in Calgary sells Zillas....just got to get him a size and he will give me a price.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the skinniest they come in is 9" which requires a spacer most of the time. i would go with 28x10-12 and 28x12-12 with a 1" spacer.

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
May be check out Casterland , they stock all kinds of ATV tires.

menmysportsmn

Reaction score
i run 27 inch silver backs 10 by 12 in front 12 by 12 in the rear they are monsters on my 800. if you dont want to be the guy on the sidelines thats wat i recommend you will need one inch spacers on the front even with ofset rims

Top Bottom