Tires

mod600IQ

Reaction score

What all your favorite all terrain tires. I am looking at tires and like to know some info on the best all terrain tires any informantion would be appreciatied.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what size , what terrain do you run , what do you want out of them , milage , looks , ?????????:d

mod600IQ

Reaction score
Probally 30 inch tires i wanted an all around tire for on and off road performance.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
look at yokohama geolanders , good all around tire , I run nitto tera grapplers , no good in mud but usually run something different in the summer anyway, what you putting them on:d

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goodyear silent armors are what i run on over 50 of my work trucks up here and they are sweeeet with great mileage, quiet and the best traction of A/T's in the winter.

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The BFG are a fairly good all terrain tire, but beware if you do a lot of gravel roads, they really throw rocks bad. need good mudflaps

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The BFG AT is a very popular choice. My brother runs the Dick Cepek FCII and they're wearing extremely well considering the abuse he puts them through, a little more aggressive than the BFG, and also throw rocks.

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I`ve run BFG`s A/T KO`s on my last few trucks and besides wearing fast, I`ve been very happy with them. Never had a blow out.....

badsled

Reaction score
the BF all terrains are great on ice and in the dirt. yes they throw rocks but once they get wore down a bit they dont hardly at all, but it would be a good idea to have some decent mud flaps. farly quiet on the highway at high speeds and idleing around town they seem quiet to.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I kinda want to put on bf goodrich all terrian any opions

i tried them on my work truck last year only lasted 25000 km. that was a lot of oil field roads. id say good for city/highway and a little offroad for hunting/camping. did get stuck real bad with them in both mud and snow, my fault.

coopers all terrains have deep grooves which makes them last longer decent tire in my opinion called ST-C. decent on ice, the only problem with coopers is once the tread is low they are prone to blowouts on gravel with the mud version called STT

have goodyear MTR's now good in deep mud and snow bad on ice. 30000 km on them and the tread is at 70%, good tread wear so far

im trying toyo mud tires next heard they are bad on ice though, but look nicer

joeboo73

Reaction score
b/f all terrains are excellent no problems except what was mwntioned already but i find on ice not good for traction.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im trying toyo mud tires next heard they are bad on ice though, but look nicer

I siped my 35" Toyo MT's by hand in fall and they've been good all winter. I didn't run them on ice before I cut them so I can't compare, but I can say that they've been pretty good.

I have about 30,000 km on them and they're still about 70% I think.

sipes.jpg

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that looks good was wondering if i should get mine done this winter, so where did u get them siped?

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that looks good was wondering if i should get mine done this winter, so where did u get them siped?

I couldn't find a shop that had a siping machine in service, and then someone said that they will only do brand new tires anyways cause otherwise the rocks are too hard on their machine.

I ended up doing it myself by hand. Just used a utility knife set to the depth of about 2/3 - 3/4 of lug height. It was pretty slow at first but I got faster. The last 2 took me about 30 min each. I think there's about 520 cuts in each tire. I made the cuts within the lugs, like without cutting all the way to the edge of the lug. I thought that would help them to maintain strength and prevent ripping. None have ripped yet. It's pretty cool when I back up my driveway on about an inch of snow you can see where every cut has spread a little bit to grab the concrete. ( If you call that cool.....lol )

Top Bottom