Tires for a heavy azz polaris

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have been lurking here for some time and there seems to be a wealth of experience here. So my question is my quad is just plain heavy at 700lbs dry and with my fat azz on it I am over 1000lbs what would you all suggest for a good strong mud tire? We like to ride on all types of terrian but when I hit the skeg that tends to be where I stop and everyone else keeps going.:rant:

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mUDZILALS IF YOU WANT DECENT MUD TIRE FOR DECENR PRICE OR IF YOU WANT THE BEST MUD TIRES AND GOT MONEY TO SPEND GO WITH SILVERBACKS OR OUTLAWS

mudbug

Reaction score
what size quad 500-800? if its the 500ho don't go with aggressive tires I have ITP mud lights on my 500 and they dig down to much, they will dig you down till the tire's wont spin anymore and then you burn your belt if it's bigger then the 500 then silverbacks etc will do you good.

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys i ride a sportsman 800 twin efi. I am also looking to see how wide a tire I can fit on this beast I need all the flotation I can get:d Also want to try and keep the weight down as when I get stuck and try and work my way out dam but I am tired by the time I get out.:eek:

Offr500

Reaction score
hey Ryano, I'm a bigger guy too also on a bigger machine and I've been running Kenda Executioners on my BF 750 for about 2 years now and have had nothing but good things to say about them, sadly they don't come in any sizes over 27", but I've found that with the tread design I can actually back out of most holes that I get into without too much hassle which is a huge plus. its just something to look into :). if you've got the money tho...I'd go with the Silverbacks, I'm actaully eyeing up a set for next year. hope this helped :) Ride hard or go home Woot!

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one thing with the sportsman you will probaly have to run wheel spacers to fit anything bigger the stock size tries on the machine.

Ryano

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how much would tire weight be an issue I don't want to be ripping things apart if I can help it

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you dont want to be wreaking things but a set of 27" mudbugs if you go stock width 8on the front and 12 out back you want have to run spacers,they are the only mud tire that i know of that will fit with out spacers(had them on my 500 popo) and 4 others i know and we never had isssues in the mud and the 500 almost is the same weight as the 800. they work great in mud and snow unless you are in to buring your quad over the racks they will take you everywhere and less damage then the outlaws and sliverbacks or mudzillas may due over time just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom