Tires for 2011 Chevy 2500

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been looking for replacement tires and upon giving the tire size 265/60r20, people look at me like I asked them for a kidney? Only tire on the market is the ones that came with the truck the wrangler sta prob worse tire I've run definitely don't want the same tires. Anyone else had the same problem and if so did you find a good alternative. Thanks

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been looking for replacement tires and upon giving the tire size 265/60r20, people look at me like I asked them for a kidney? Only tire on the market is the ones that came with the truck the wrangler sta prob worse tire I've run definitely don't want the same tires. Anyone else had the same problem and if so did you find a good alternative. Thanks
on my wife's truck I put 275-55-20 Coopers on it. Its a girly truck, never leaves the highway but the tires have a nice feel to them even for being 10 ply.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any rubbing issues? I have mudflaps.
Thks tom
we have stainless steel mudflaps with rubber bottoms, the only rubbing we get is when it is wet out we get a slight squeal when turning sharp, other than that no issues.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have stainless steel mudflaps with rubber bottoms, the only rubbing we get is when it is wet out we get a slight squeal when turning sharp, other than that no issues.
thanks tom ill look at tires in that size but that 55 scares me for towing anf offroad

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Touch base with Summitric at Sherwood Park Service 780-464-6000.
He put 275'a on my chev dirtymax and all they did was cut away a little plastic on the bumper...in 5 years and two sets of tires I've never had a problem. Last spring he put in a front end leveling kit, what an awesome set up cause its adjustable.
Hope this helps.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Touch base with Summitric at Sherwood Park Service 780-464-6000.
He put 275'a on my chev dirtymax and all they did was cut away a little plastic on the bumper...in 5 years and two sets of tires I've never had a problem. Last spring he put in a front end leveling kit, what an awesome set up cause its adjustable.
Hope this helps.
was also thinking of leveling kit as well, how much was leveling kit if you dont mind me asking. was nervous after reading all the leveling kit threads with how rough ride was afterwards....
thanks
curtis

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Can't remember cost right now, haven't had any problems with the one he installed, it's been about a year.
What I liked was that he could adjust the height (stiffness) if needed, and after a while I did have him lower it a bit.

cheddar37

Reaction score
the 275 is only 1cm wider and actually the same overall diameter as the 265's would be. they are just a more common tire dodge uses them on all of there newer half tons with 20's so the sidewall profiling should b almost exactly the same as what you have.

If its the duramax where at 2007 and older its easy to lift/adjust (torsion bars) but the newer ones are now coil sprung so a leveling kit wont affect the overall ride it will just bring the front of the truck up unless you have new oversized shocks installed, if its just a spacer then your fine.

Last edited:

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 275 is only 1cm wider and actually the same overall diameter as the 265's would be. they are just a more common tire dodge uses them on all of there newer half tons with 20's so the sidewall profiling should b almost exactly the same as what you have.

If its the duramax where at 2007 and older its easy to lift/adjust (torsion bars) but the newer ones are now coil sprung so a leveling kit wont affect the overall ride it will just bring the front of the truck up unless you have new oversized shocks installed, if its just a spacer then your fine.

If your refering to the chev, my 2011 does not have coil over springs and the father inlaws 2012 does not either, the dodge and ford have them. On the chev sure torque up the keys but your ride is going to change and the upper control arm is going to bottom out. I would recommend the upper control arm be changed out then put longer shocks in, dont just change out the keys.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your refering to the chev, my 2011 does not have coil over springs and the father inlaws 2012 does not either, the dodge and ford have them. On the chev sure torque up the keys but your ride is going to change and the upper control arm is going to bottom out. I would recommend the upper control arm be changed out then put longer shocks in, dont just change out the keys.
thats what i thought,

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for the tires I have 305/55/20 Dick Cepek FC2 on my 2011 2500 GMC, I really like these tires and ran them also on my last truck.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As for the tires I have 305/55/20 Dick Cepek FC2 on my 2011 2500 GMC, I really like these tires and ran them also on my last truck.
did you do leveling kit with extended shocks or just leveling kit? and also no rubbing.?

Hefe04

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you do leveling kit with extended shocks or just leveling kit? and also no rubbing.?

I put new pro comp keys in which I beleive set the front up 2.25", put cognito upper control arms in, and I think I have 2" longer Icon shocks. I took the bottom front spoiler (or what ever you want to call it, the 2" peice below the bumper) off and changed the mud flaps to thin aluminum 1/2" set backs. I put air bags with wireless comp. and 1" blocks in the back. The tires rub against the front mud flap at full turn but not bad enough to worry about in my mind. I will prob go with a bit smaller tire for the winter due to all the snow and ice build up a guy can get. Over all it is really good I think I will prob change out the rear shocks as well.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put new pro comp keys in which I beleive set the front up 2.25", put cognito upper control arms in, and I think I have 2" longer Icon shocks. I took the bottom front spoiler (or what ever you want to call it, the 2" peice below the bumper) off and changed the mud flaps to thin aluminum 1/2" set backs. I put air bags with wireless comp. and 1" blocks in the back. The tires rub against the front mud flap at full turn but not bad enough to worry about in my mind. I will prob go with a bit smaller tire for the winter due to all the snow and ice build up a guy can get. Over all it is really good I think I will prob change out the rear shocks as well.
sounds like alot of ka ching...thanks for the info

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tire size calculator

As others have stated do not crank torsion keys on 2011 to present 2500 or 3500 you will have rough ride and hard on components. Like HeFe04 i also have the Cognito upper arm and new keys.
You can use the stock keys for up to 2 inchs of lift.
I am running the stock 20 wheels with a 34.2 inch tall tire (275/65r20) and 11inchs wide without any rubbing on the mud flap. Again this is with the stock wheels that have a big - offset.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

how many km do you get out of a set and do they howl on the pavement i was looking at the same size yesterday as i can not get duratracs as there is over 500 on backorder right now

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What type of driving do you do and what do you haul around? Kinda hard to suggest or recommend tires if you only use your truck for a daily driver. (which is the only reason to put in a leveling kit).

Most trucks, especially GM are meant to sit lower in the front so when you have a.load on the truck sits level. Does it look better when they are leveled? For sure. Defeats the purpose of a HD truck though.

But what ever, not my truck. Funny though watching guys drive down the highway with their trailer and their headlights pointing skyward.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
what type of driving do you do and what do you haul around? Kinda hard to suggest or recommend tires if you only use your truck for a daily driver. (which is the only reason to put in a leveling kit).

Most trucks, especially gm are meant to sit lower in the front so when you have a.load on the truck sits level. Does it look better when they are leveled? For sure. Defeats the purpose of a hd truck though.

But what ever, not my truck. Funny though watching guys drive down the highway with their trailer and their headlights pointing skyward.

Sent from my htc-z710a using tapatalk 2

that's what airbags are for........ :)

Top Bottom