Tire size ....is wrong?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol. Good point. Are stock rzr supposed to clear 27s? Now I need to either get a lift or replace all 4

you will be happier with the 27's, why not just buy one new 27inch xtr to replace the 25 inch tire? then everything works the same, less money, and more ground clearance.

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you will be happier with the 27's, why not just buy one new 27inch zilla to replace the 25 inch tire? then everything works the same, less money, and more ground clearance.

Because that 27" rubs like a Mofo. And it's destroyed from rubbing. So I need to know if 27" tires will fit stock. And if they do then there is something wrong with this rzr because the 27" rubs.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your tire pressure, 5-7 lbs is in the ball park, and zilla tires run short in this pressure range, if you got a 27 inch measured tire your pressure may be in the neihbourhood of 15 lbs, stock tires are 25's i believe, get a lift, or heavier springs, or give razzrgage a shout, he nows these things inside out. but i would stay with the 27's bud has 28's zillas, and has just put on heavier springs. he's happy happy happy

ohoh, looks like ya got xtr tires, not sure where zillas came from

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
27s should not rub..........Check that your a arm is not pushed back a litle,look for flaking paint at the a arm tabs. Check how much play is in the a arm bushings,this may allow it to move back for more rubbing. As i said if your springs are sagging it will rub alot more noticebly more often. If it rubs alot with a TRUE 27 inch tire ,something is out of line.
I would guess your a arm bushings are shot and the springs are sagged out, allowing it to get pushed back a little and rub.............

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Screw that I say, get a hold of an ITP rep and demand some new tires this is their problem if they are stamped incorrectly.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check your tire pressure, 5-7 lbs is in the ball park, and zilla tires run short in this pressure range, if you got a 27 inch measured tire your pressure may be in the neihbourhood of 15 lbs, stock tires are 25's i believe, get a lift, or heavier springs, or give razzrgage a shout, he nows these things inside out. but i would stay with the 27's bud has 28's zillas, and has just put on heavier springs. he's happy happy happy

You drinkin again Larry, those aren't zillas on his machine.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well ordered a HD tirod kit, new 27" tires, and highlifter springs from rapid. well see if the problem goes away with all that and the proper air pressure. if theres room ill throw on some wheel spacers. this thing has already tipped over more times than i would have liked LOL

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I didn't back read but this is what I am thinking for what it is worth.....

The previous owner put 27" tires on and initially everything was fine (maybe a little rub). He tweaked something with a stump, rock, or ditch and the one side rubbed like a MoFo. He remembered he had the 25" tires and swapped out the one tire. It worked good enough to sell. And that is my $0.02 on the issue....:D

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't back read but this is what I am thinking for what it is worth.....

The previous owner put 27" tires on and initially everything was fine (maybe a little rub). He tweaked something with a stump, rock, or ditch and the one side rubbed like a MoFo. He remembered he had the 25" tires and swapped out the one tire. It worked good enough to sell. And that is my $0.02 on the issue....:D

ok sherlock, but both tires are stamped 27's, according to mr. maxwell. so your next theory please

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
ok sherlock, but both tires are stamped 27's, according to mr. maxwell. so your next theory please

I did qualify my statement by saying I didn't back read..........but I probably should have......Oh wise one!!!

It is a quandary and you guys will figure it out I am sure! I will just stick my doo's...:)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No problemo mr sherlock just letting u in on the secret, so you could come up with another solution, thus you could have something productive to think about for the rest of the day.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
No problemo mr sherlock just letting u in on the secret, so you could come up with another solution, thus you could have something productive to think about for the rest of the day.

Thanks for keeping me on track and I always need something productive to think about throughout the day! You must know how that goes!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping me on track and I always need something productive to think about throughout the day! You must know how that goes!

oh i'll probably spend most of the day looking for the truck keys or that dam 10mm wrench that seems to disapear all the time. hehe

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have problems losing the 10mm wrench too??

There must be little elves that come around and take them.

camoJoe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here another dumb question. are both rims the same with ?, as the one tire looks rounded out and the other wider and not as rounded out, it doesn't look like a the standard 2 " diff between front and back more like only an inch.

Top Bottom