Tire size ....is wrong?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been raking my brain trying to figure out why the right side of the rzr rubs on the plastic. Finally today looking at it from the front we noticed the tires are different sizes. Measurements confirmed 25" driver 27" passenger. The weird thing is they both say mud light xtr 27x9x12. Manufacturer must have Fawked up. So on a bone stock rzr are you guys running 25 or 27" tires? What comes stock?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369019575.053389.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO!! How long before you noticed that?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO!! How long before you noticed that?

Bought it used. Took it for a test drive and looking back I only turned left so it never rubbed. As soon as we got it home and took it for a burn it rubbed wicked. Spent all night trying to figure it out and finally my gf said you guys are idiots look at the tires. I was just about to replace all the a arms. But yah they both say 27x9x12. So Fawked o well now I know

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the air pressure? When I upgraded the old set was sitting for a bit one lost pressure and looked like a totally different size....

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's the air pressure? When I upgraded the old set was sitting for a bit one lost pressure and looked like a totally different size....

by the pic he has on the site, there is more than an inch difference in tires, he may gain 3/4 inch with 15 lbs in the smaller tire but would be a rough ride and still be smaller, better to get new 27 inch tire and a lift to elimnate the scrub.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A rzr will rub more on the drivers side floor board than the other side..........It is closer to the tire. I would put a 2 inch lift and Highlifter springs on it. That will take the sag out (assuming original springs) and give u a 10 times better ride. right now you are only using 2/3s of your shock travel,i bet.Then you could run up to a 29 inch tire with no toubles............
If it is a 2010 or older the stock axles are great with the lift..........
Lift on the bumpers up and see how much sag you have,that is a part of the problem.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A rzr will rub more on the drivers side floor board than the other side..........It is closer to the tire. I would put a 2 inch lift and Highlifter springs on it. That will take the sag out (assuming original springs) and give u a 10 times better ride. right now you are only using 2/3s of your shock travel,i bet.Then you could run up to a 29 inch tire with no toubles............
If it is a 2010 or older the stock axles are great with the lift..........
Lift on the bumpers up and see how much sag you have,that is a part of the problem.

Ive never tried these springs,, and maybe they give you a better ride. However suspension is supposed to have sag to function the way it was intended. 1/3 of the over all travel in sag is about what it should be.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive never tried these springs,, and maybe they give you a better ride. However suspension is supposed to have sag to function the way it was intended. 1/3 of the over all travel in sag is about what it should be.

LOL...Not really that is why you have preload adjustment...............Not sag over time with poor quality springs.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL...Not really that is why you have preload adjustment...............Not sag over time with poor quality springs.

LOL Im talking about Ride hieght,, Aka sag.... That you set with the the pre load adjuster ya know... Not worn out springs..
:rolleyes:
Which should be about 1/3 of you over all travel...at least thats how I would run it... You can run yours how ever you want...lol

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maxwell i noticed you favor your left side on your sled also....You may want to check your Paddles!!:smiliestirthepot:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do realize that ride hieght is related to the firmess (or amount of sag ) in your springs. Stock rzr ground clearence with a standard 50 inch rzr is about 9.5 inchs. If you follow your recomendations (lol) ,you will have about 6 inch GC . Now seeing that most add 300LBS plus in riders as well as 200 + in gear & Mud you will be down to using about 25% of your total available suspended wheel travel.
Do you understand that stock RZR springs sag about 30% in the first year ??So if you set yours at 33% sag and you springs sag another 30 % .WHAT is left ????
Do you even own a RZR ? I have owned and modified 3 of my own and many for friends with varios custom lifts...........So i have a little SEAT TIME in this regard............

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like mentioned above you did check tire pressure right? One does look a lot lower in pressure then the other. Or you may have a screwed tire just looking at how round one is vs the other.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do realize that ride hieght is related to the firmess (or amount of sag ) in your springs. Stock rzr ground clearence with a standard 50 inch rzr is about 9.5 inchs. If you follow your recomendations (lol) ,you will have about 6 inch GC . Now seeing that most add 300LBS plus in riders as well as 200 + in gear & Mud you will be down to using about 25% of your total available suspended wheel travel.
Do you understand that stock RZR springs sag about 30% in the first year ??So if you set yours at 33% sag and you springs sag another 30 % .WHAT is left ????
Do you even own a RZR ? I have owned and modified 3 of my own and many for friends with varios custom lifts...........So i have a little SEAT TIME in this regard............

Read Carefully im saying your rzr at operating wieght,, Ie with you sitting in it, your
"sag" should be at ruffly 1/3 your over all travel,,, If your springs are worn out to
the point you are sitting at 25% of total travel,,, time for new springs I guess.

Understand?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like mentioned above you did check tire pressure right? One does look a lot lower in pressure then the other. Or you may have a screwed tire just looking at how round one is vs the other.

No I did not check the pressure. I measured and the tires were a full 2" different. If a tire lost 2" in diameter wouldn't it be virtually flat? I could aee it gaining an inch maybe. Either way these tires were full of plugs and whatnot so going to throw 2 new 25" on.

dpolacik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No I did not check the pressure. I measured and the tires were a full 2" different. If a tire lost 2" in diameter wouldn't it be virtually flat? I could aee it gaining an inch maybe. Either way these tires were full of plugs and whatnot so going to throw 2 new 25" on.

Or do you mean two 27's or four 25's?
With 25 on front and i believe it was 27's on back 4x4 will work not so good!!

Top Bottom