Tire Chains - Where to get them

SNAFU

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a place to buy good tire chains in Calgary? Any type that seem to work best?

Thanks.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
kal tire, northern metallic, ufa, greggs distributing, crappy tire, or maybe even wal mart

the v bar are the toughest

hurt'in albertan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can also try Titan Supply i work for them and we sell alot of chain for vehicles. hope this helps:d:beer:

mel.h

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a place to buy good tire chains in Calgary? Any type that seem to work best?

Thanks.

Ft. Garry Industries would be a good place to start, if no luck they would be able to recommend some place.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have two sets in my garage with a set of chain plyers for repair and yes I will give you a swingin deal just to get them out of my garage.they are triggs(top of the line) and I bought them at Titan!
Theses are for 22.5 tires

SNAFU

Reaction score
I have two sets in my garage with a set of chain plyers for repair and yes I will give you a swingin deal just to get them out of my garage.they are triggs(top of the line) and I bought them at Titan!
Theses are for 22.5 tires

I am not really familiar with that size tire. Did you use them on a pick-up or some kind of heavy equipment?

SNAFU

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies that gives me a lot of options.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there any problems with putting chains on the front of a 2008 Chevy truck. I know the wheels run quite close to the fenders and sometimes even rub on the mud flaps so I would think chains would be a real tight fit.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are there any problems with putting chains on the front of a 2008 Chevy truck. I know the wheels run quite close to the fenders and sometimes even rub on the mud flaps so I would think chains would be a real tight fit.

they'll make room.:d

all-4-stroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got ahold of a set of singles off a semi, cut em down to the right diameter and they work better than any other tire chains I've seen. Cheep too. If you know anybody who does anything with a big rig off road in the patch you can always snag a used set for free in most cases.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got ahold of a set of singles off a semi, cut em down to the right diameter and they work better than any other tire chains I've seen. Cheep too. If you know anybody who does anything with a big rig off road in the patch you can always snag a used set for free in most cases.

At most truck stops...:eek:

Friggin chains.........

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Here's my opinion on the matter...take it or leave it :) Chinese knock offs for light pickups are ok and a bit cheaper. Do not buy these for heavey duty application though, $$$ wasted. My suggestion is Trygg . They bite better in all applications especially with alittle weight aboard. V-bar for winter use tend to make your vehicle slide sideways with wheel spin because of the flat bar design but are ok for mud. Cabble chains are good for very hard pack or freezing rain on pavement, that's it. They are absolutely no good when there is any loose snow. The Trygg 2000 chains have a lighter/smaller side rails with heavey cross links. The center hook and boomers are smaller to. Therefore your rotating mass is less. Trygg chains are the most common and widely use chain on the market ditributed by many suppliers, you can't go wrong with a Trygg :beer:

Velkommen til Nøsted Kjetting A.S hjemmeside | TRYGG.no

Attachments

• TRYGG-Standard-Double-Duty.jpg
    TRYGG-Standard-Double-Duty.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

SNAFU

Reaction score
I called up Titan Supply and they told me they didn't have any Trygg chains in the size I needed and it would take about 4 weeks for the next shipment to come in. $340 / pr. They also supply Laclede chains and said they are very popular. Has anyone heard of these?

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I bought a set from Kal Tire and theyre to small and look like they wouldnt do jack chit anyway...dam Junk

Top Bottom