tip over sensor on pro

joshlstack

Reaction score
So I tore out my wiring on the bars on a branch today, a few plugs were unconnected near the stem of the bars, just under the hood. I re connected everything and wired up the torn wireing on kill switch. The sled will idle fine but wont rev up to engage and move. I think the tip over switch is the culprit here? Is there a way to bypass the tip over sensor if the ECU is not recognizing it?
sled is sooo far out i really dont wanna have to tow it outa there! lol

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I tore out my wiring on the bars on a branch today, a few plugs were unconnected near the stem of the bars, just under the hood. I re connected everything and wired up the torn wireing on kill switch. The sled will idle fine but wont rev up to engage and move. I think the tip over switch is the culprit here? Is there a way to bypass the tip over sensor if the ECU is not recognizing it?
sled is sooo far out i really dont wanna have to tow it outa there! lol

Never heard of tip over sensor. Check the connections for throttle under the hood. When i put a riser on i yanked on wires too hard and they unplugged and sled wouldnt engage clutch.

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Optional Polaris Security system will stop the sled for revving up high enough to engage the clutch. Possible you somehow engaged that?

joshlstack

Reaction score
Yes its possible for sure, They got stretched pretty good. I will look into that as well.

andus

Reaction score
Could you possibly mean the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)? There's a thread on here telling you how to test the TPS to make sure it isn't causing your problem.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Andus you nailed it. That is what I would be checking as well. Good luck.

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sounds to me that it may be the throttle over ride system (different than the TPS) It is part of the throttle block. Slap your throttle lever a bunch of time to see if any ice and snow come out of it. These wires could also be internally stretched and broken.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny, you asked about a tip over sensor because we are working on one right now. I will be testing this device for the rest of the season. It will be adjustable by the rider as to how long the upside down condition will be tolerated prior to engine shut down.

I was stuck under a sled 2 weeks ago and it was reving near full throttle for 2-3 minutes. It had no tether system and I could not move and could barely breathe. Very scary and my ribs are still sore. The sled lost paddles, track clips etc.

Any feedback on the idea is appreciated. I hope you don't mind the hyjack since you already got your answer that your problem should be the throttle position sensor.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wasn't my sled, I think it is irony that it happened to me. I sent the owner a free Teth-Air after all was said and done.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The throttle came up slowly to what I would guess to be about 6000 rpm. Not WOT luckily. If it was full I am sure it would be bouncing off the limiter. It was a Cat and the motor never missed a beat.

Last edited:

Rideordie

Reaction score
I guess cats dont always land on their feet!! Could be a very bad situation if you werent visible... Scary stuff.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not being an AZZ here but I am wondering, would your Teth-Air system have shut off that sled when you were trapped under it? Meaning to say- were you far enough away for that to happen? Or is that the reason you are developing a roll-over sensor to work in conjuntion with your system? Glad you werent hurt. I was told of a guy that was in a similar situation. He was trapped and was helpless while the edge of the track chewed through his leg .Your system in conjuntion with a roll over switch would have prevented that.

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not being an AZZ here but I am wondering, would your Teth-Air system have shut off that sled when you were trapped under it? Meaning to say- were you far enough away for that to happen? Or is that the reason you are developing a roll-over sensor to work in conjuntion with your system? Glad you werent hurt. I was told of a guy that was in a similar situation. He was trapped and was helpless while the edge of the track chewed through his leg .Your system in conjuntion with a roll over switch would have prevented that.

Absolutely, the current design easily allows the sled to be shut off by covering the transmitter tag or burying your arm into the snow. The roll over switch is an adder for the latest beacon Teth-Air that works off your avy beacon. Currently the avy style could not shut down in that condition as the avy beacons are low frequency and you cannot easily block the radio transmission,

Last edited:

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried to wheelie up are around to pull out of climb on the weekend. It went up, tried to spin and no suck luck. I tried to ride it and make it look good. Well I ended up face down in the snow and the sled up side down on my thighs going wfo. Had to wait for buddies to roll it off of my.

Man it would of looked good if I could of ride it out, lmao.

Top Bottom