time to tear it down and rebuild 09/xp

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit a rock last year in Cooke City MT and bent the s-module and tunnel. The sled was written off by the insurance company, so i bought it back. Thought i would post some photos of the before and after as i am also changing color. Fixed most of the physical damage in Cooke City on the left side. It wasn't till we got home that more damaged was noticed.

Attachments

• IMG_0180.jpg
    IMG_0180.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 575

rwjk0

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW, I see why you bought it back. Your sled after being written off looks better than mine after a couple days of tree bashing.

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After day one.

Attachments

• IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 437

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hit a rock last year in Cooke City MT and bent the s-module and tunnel. The sled was written off by the insurance company, so i bought it back. Thought i would post some photos of the before and after as i am also changing color. Fixed most of the physical damage in Cooke City on the left side. It wasn't till we got home that more damaged was noticed.
hi
rebuilt a 2001 mm hit a creek wall at 100 kmh ripped the running board , bent handle bar, fuel tank shifted forward 1 inch seat ripped off tunnel bent, the steering system replaced. Talked to tim at mountain magic helped alot with free knowledge filled in the small things I didn't know highly recomend talking to him if u have any problems.GOOD LUCK
Barry

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a great sled lift. Could you post some info and pics of it? Thanks

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
after day 2

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 378
  • IMG_0198.jpg
    IMG_0198.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 382

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
iam doing one for a young guy 94 cat broken engine mount and bent frame this going to take a miracle on a low budget dam trees make a mess of every thing when they jump out get you

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good Dale...get her done up for our Dec trip...you have beer in that fridge out there I will come out!

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks good Dale...get her done up for our Dec trip...you have beer in that fridge out there I will come out!

lots of beer buddy, just have to pull the motor and send the frame in to get the serial number swapped out to the new tunnel then putter back together. I'm good for dec just don't know if i can wait that long.

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya...we will go before for sure...we were just thinking that would be a good 3 day kind of deal...you and i will be at the wranglers cabin before end of November!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Oh ya...we will go before for sure...we were just thinking that would be a good 3 day kind of deal...you and i will be at the wranglers cabin before end of November!

Maybe this year you two will listen and take heed! Tembec is logging in the McEvoy/Upper Flathead and hauling up and down Morrissey. It will be a plowed road and sleds are prohibited. We (FSA) don't know the situation for pullouts yet but radio controlled from Morrissey up to the Cabin would be recommended. We/they think they will be finished on the Coal Creek road this week.

The pipeline is dangerous as TCP has placed deterrents (1 meter rock and large trees) in various creek crossings and in particular the crossing at the Cabin and up the line to the south. They may or may not be marked during early season.

I will keep everyone posted as to any further developments.:beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe this year you two will listen and take heed!

What do you mean by this...I have wondered about a few of your coments before...are you looking for trouble with me and Dale??or what are you trying to say??

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Maybe this year you two will listen and take heed!

What do you mean by this...I have wondered about a few of your coments before...are you looking for trouble with me and Dale??or what are you trying to say??

Just a litte dig Dobir for the comments last year about the "mis-information" about the snow in Morrissey or the lack thereof. I was honest about my posts with regards to no snow in the valley bottoms but up higher it was great. Wasn't it you and Milton that took the enclosed to Morrissey and found no snow and had to go back to Corbin to unload?

So please be aware of the logging in Morrissey/McEvoy (plowed road and lack of pullouts) and the boulders and horizontal trees on the pipeline. Since I noticed the post of getting to the Wrangler's early I thought I'd get your attention. Mission accomplished, cheers:d:d:d

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a litte dig Dobir for the comments last year about the "mis-information" about the snow in Morrissey or the lack thereof. I was honest about my posts with regards to no snow in the valley bottoms but up higher it was great. Wasn't it you and Milton that took the enclosed to Morrissey and found no snow and had to go back to Corbin to unload?

So please be aware of the logging in Morrissey/McEvoy (plowed road and lack of pullouts) and the boulders and horizontal trees on the pipeline. Since I noticed the post of getting to the Wrangler's early I thought I'd get your attention. Mission accomplished, cheers:d:d:d

Fernie Snow.....As I recall Dobir and Milton found out by going ,there was no snow ......NO ONE Made any comments about not being able to trailer from Morrissey ........Dobir and Milton posted about this after it happened to them .........You made no comments PRIOR to them going .....Just to clarify !!!!
Furthermore , I am unclear as to why you choose to gloat about someone else's misfortune , and it wasn't just Dobir and Milton , there were about 10 others that experienced the same problem!! You can keep your smart azz'd comments to yourself!

Top Bottom