2009 Summit XP Issues

Robert L

Reaction score
Hi all. Looking for some advice. I recently bought a used 2009 XP 163 and once I got it home I noticed it looks like the sled sags to the right hand side by about 3/4 inch compared to the left hand side. I checked the tunnel and I couldn't find any ripples or anything that would suggest it is bent in anyway. One thing I did notice is that the ski spindle on the left hand side sits level compared to the right side. The top of the spindle on the right side is tipped back compared to the right side. Could this possibly what is causing the rear of the sled to sag? When looking from the front of the sled it looks pretty level but is certainly noticeable from the back. Is there a way to adjust the spindle?

Thanks in advance.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Possibly weak spring will create sag, shock may be weak too. I just sold two 09 and re did the suspension in both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your spindle angles are different I would look a little deeper something is bent in the front end, it probably took a hit on the left ski

Robert L

Reaction score
Thanks. Do you figure an a arm or something? I had a pretty good look and I couldn't see anywhere it looked bent but will have another look.

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look straight down on the spindle, the shock should be fairly centered in the a arms, in about the same position on each side my xp had a very bent a arm i never really knew until i took them off for powder coating then it was obvious.

Also you could put a straight edge across your skid perfectly perpendicular to the skid rails and sticking out both sides like a 2x4 or somthing . Then measure from the spindle to ski thru bolt to the straight edge on both skis,see if ones pushed back or not. Other than that check the coil springs on the skid see if there ok and if so ride it. If it aint broke dont fix it

Robert L

Reaction score
Thanks summit tree. The shock on the left hand side is sittingback towards the back side of the a arm and the right side is sitting sitting towards the front of the a arm. I can fit my fingers through the left hand side in front of the shock but not on the right side.

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quite often if the shock is not centered in the A arms..it's because the frame module is bent up.( But not as bad as the Gen 4 Doo to fix.)
Thanks summit tree. The shock on the left hand side is sittingback towards the back side of the a arm and the right side is sitting sitting towards the front of the a arm. I can fit my fingers through the left hand side in front of the shock but not on the right side.

Last edited:
Top Bottom