Timbersled Rear Skid for Nytro?

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2009 Nytro with an MCX 180 kit. I am currently running the stock skid with 162x16 Camo Extreme track. I have been slowly upgrading pieces of the sled year by year. This year I would like to get a better/lighter rear skid. I have been cruising the forums and kijiji looking for a decent deal on gently used aftermarket skids. It seems so far the only thing out there is Timbersled. I have heard from a fairly expereinced Nytro rider that these are not great for the Nytro and they have a tendency to bottom out the front shock and bend rails.

Can anyone comment on the use of a Timbersled skid in a Nytro? Have you experienced any issues? Things that were good/bad? Thanks for helping.

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO Stay away,
I have had the timberskid in my T-Nytro I have many pics of bent upper arms but I can say this every arm I bent and sent back was reinforced and returned to me at the cost of shipping witch I felt was fair... To be fair I am a 280lbs rider witch I did mention when ordering the skid.

In my nytro I have 4 different skids in 2 seasons, First stock well we all know how that works with a little boost, then timber light but weak, 159 live axle m-10 heavy I mean really heavy 90+lbs and couldn’t side hill it worth a crap (Could have just be me), then I changed out my tunnel and got an Ez-Ryde by far the best skid I every had in any of my sleds.
Boostmonkey

Chunk

Reaction score
I had a timbersled, now have a baker m10 style, awesome rear skid.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cat skid on mine, I'm 160lbs, sits low, work well, light, been tough so far. seems to me all the timber skids raise the sled alot, looks like a tippy setup to me, baker would be my next choice, but never looked into the weight of them

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out K Mod stuff. Ive ran them on my cats and absolutely love them. They work very well. And they design set-ups that are specifically for turbo stuff, and they'll set it up for your weight and riding style. For the big guys they actually have whats called a big guy kit. The big guy kit includes changing out some of the bolts and bushings and such to ones that are a little bigger. Great guys to deal with.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
I have the K-Mod suspension in mine with the Raptor shocks and OFT Racing 2 wheel kit. I can't say enough good about this set up!!! We have taken my sled into more places last winter than I would have never dreamed of taking it into before.

We just became K-mod dealers yesterday and so are just getting our ducks in a row but we can get you some pricing if you are interested.

Jan

Reactions: zal

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of the new Timbersled Mt. tamers with Ice Age rails and they work really well. I have the Fox Evol X shox and they are valved a little different than stock but I have never bent or broken anything in 7,000 km's. They save a ton of weight and are easy to tune as you ride. The coupling system is simple and takes 5 seconds to adjust from one extreme to the other with transfer.

I'm not sure about the previous Timbersled skid but their new one works awesome.

FeethookersCanada

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would say the kmod too. is is one of the better suspensions out there, but there are alot of options out there. you should ride one of each and see which one works best for you. we also handle Kmod at the best price.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We actually have 2 Nytros in our trailer one with a Timbersled suspension with Zbroz coil over shocks and the OFT Racing 2 wheel kit and the other like I mentioned about with the K-Mod suspension Raptor shocks and OFT 2 wheel kit.

Those 2 sleds perform totally different. We cannot get the TS suspension skid to "dance" like the K-Mod one does. The K-Mod has the anti-stab kit, a fully adjusting coupling suspension and the scratchers come stock with the kit. You will be very very happy with this set up.

Having said this however I know alot of people run the Timbersled suspension in their Nytro's and are happy with them like Chris said. I think the problem with ours is that we don't have it dialed in yet. I know of at least one other forum member that has a Timbersled suspension in his Nytro and he is very happy with it. We just need to spend some more time with ours and talk to some more people to get some help to get ours working like it should.

Jan

Top Bottom