Timbersled Mountain Tamer Suspension

Stevo

Reaction score
After two years of riding my '07 M8, I've gotten extremely tired of a sled with no discernable rear suspension travel. I've not been able to get any help/ideas/fixes from my local dealer either.

So, I'm looking at ordering a Timbersled Mountain Tamer rear suspension kit (Click Here). Does anyone have any feedback on this kit?

Thanks,
Steve

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have heard mixed reviews. Not recommended for high horsepower sleds, great for stock sleds. :twocents:Lots of room for adjustment. Abit pricy for me though.

Stevo

Reaction score
Have heard mixed reviews. Not recommended for high horsepower sleds, great for stock sleds. :twocents:Lots of room for adjustment. Abit pricy for me though.

My sled's stock so no worries about "high horsepower".;) I'm having a hard time finding other kits to compare it to, do you know of any alternatives?

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled's stock so no worries about "high horsepower".;) I'm having a hard time finding other kits to compare it to, do you know of any alternatives?

Kmod, Holz, Ez ride, Fabcraft, etc..... Comes down to personal choice.

Stevo

Reaction score
Looks like Holz has a sale on right now, 15% off and free shipping to Canada.

I may go that route. Thanks for the info.

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a timbersled front and rear on my turbo m7, friggin awesome. bolted on and put air in the shocks and really holds the front skis down, great travel, yet to bottom it out and it never sags. had a holtz prior, wasn't real inpressed. I have no disappointments with the timbersled. I ran my turbo at 230hp all last year as well, so I am convinced it works on high horse power. Like any suspension likly needs to be set up for what your after before you'll be happy. cheers!

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
they work with horse power...... but they are weak. check your top axle to see how straight it is still. There is a reason they are light..... they use the same weight material as everyone else, they just use less of it.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Know a few guys that put them on M1000's and they are very happy with them. Tons of adjustment.

Stevo

Reaction score
another option..... I run one.
Not as light as the MT but has more lateral flex and travel.... It put up with my boosted apex so far!!!

Now that's different. Never seen it before. How long have you been running it? What type of sliders does it use? Any problems so far?

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
no problems so far.... only got half the season on it last year. it has 15 degree tortional flex before the track leaves the ground. runs doo sliders.

There is a weight savings, i just cant remember the true numbers..... around 20 pounds..... but I beat the chit out of to try and break it...... couldn't do it.

Angles work..... not like the EZ-ride. When working under power, the EZ-ride slacks off the track and can start ratcheting. Not always, but it has poor geometry.... I do believe they changed the set up a little for this season, but still same problem.i have probably 2 inches or better sag..... I don't tighten it up at all!!!

With the ZX2,

P1010182-a.jpg

abuse???
IMGP0764.jpg

attack angle after Drop and Roll
P1010195-res.jpg

I ran this skid as a test pilot..... this is mounted on a synergy mid mount apex. It'snot short of power.
Everybody has to make up thier mind for what and how they ride..... i beat my toys like a red headed step child, and the nytro I ride with folded up the TS rear skid riding the same way I do. No warranty due to user abuse.....

Just make sure you check out your options...... a good guy to talk about the ez ryde is Gunner the Snowman on SW.... he'll tell you the head ache he went through last winter.

Adrenaline addiction runs the M-10.... costly, but he likes it except for the live axle. Sucks jumping with it.

IMO..... do your homework before you fork over the cash. Remember..... The old lady will nag you for the rest of your life, winter only lasts for 4 ~ 5 months of the year. Breakdowns force you to stay home more often!!!

Stevo

Reaction score
Excellent info, IMSICK, thanks. I think my choices are between the Timbersled and the Holz. I don't ride real hard so the possible durability issues with the Timbersled shouldn't factor in. The Holz being aprx. $400 cheap will make the choice hard, though it doesn't come with the Fox Floats like the Timbersled does.

I'll be spending out of my allowance, so no wife nagging on this buy.;)

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can upgrade the Holz with the fox floats also.

Top Bottom