Timbersled kit for dirtbikes

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where can a guy demo one of these set-ups,any dealers in Alberta or BC that take these set-ups to the hills.Seen 2 guys on them at Chappell but didn't get a chance to harass them and try it out.I was reading in sledheads magazine that these can go in tighter, steeper trees and deeper snow than any sled.If these things are as good as they say I will be on one and sell my sleds.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Slamnek you buy one and then i can try it,,good idea

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check this out.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azTLEEuna2k[/media]

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i cant figure out how to get this new mac to play any vids,f^%k i wanna see it

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wounder how well a 250 two stroke would spin a track kit or would a person need a 450 thumper?

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think you would be best on a 450 or larger 4 stroke, diffinetly want the rekluse clutch or you would think you that it would trench heavy from a dead stop on a deep pow day trying to bang gears.They say that there made for all bikes.

Carbon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
deeper snow than any Sled???????would like to see in pow,funny its all on super wet spring snow,but fun fun and love that sound

woodsRIDER92

Reaction score
i wounder how well a 250 two stroke would spin a track kit or would a person need a 450 thumper?

A while ago our friend at the yammy dealer in town showed me the 2moto bike, we went and test rode them and hes a diehard 2stroke dirt bike guy and he said that no problem that it would work well, but the 2moto guys were 4stroke bias and said that it wouldnt have enough low end. We only rode 4stroke 450's that day and they seemed to go well, it wasnt the greatest conditions that day either only at most 6" of pow.

thats all i can say on that lol :d ....it should work but i havent seen them

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there was 2-3 ft of pow at chappell the day, we saw the bikes leave the parking lot ...Noticed they were wearing moto boots though....must be cold on the toes.

blumtn

Reaction score
Down here in southeastern washington I have 3 friends that have the moto2 setups on their KTM 525s. They are awesome in the places that they go. They put tracks in places that make you wonder just how crazy they really are.

Reaction score
There is a guy here in bc that sells them, i think he sells them, as a dirtbike and the sled package, or just the skis and coversion kit for those of y'all with bikes already. i wish i could remember his name.. he was at the edmonton bike show.. ugh good greif if i remember i will add it on here.. sorry that this wasnt very helpful

oh i just remembered he lives in sick moose

Smokey1

Reaction score
Would also like to demo one in Ab as well. I've been watching videos all night, i don't care about himarking so this thing would be the ticket, only one machine to maintain!

dvst8r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to give one a try too, pretty sure my KTM 300 2smoke would pull it around just fine.

skidoo84

Reaction score
rode a 450 yamaha last year with 8 inches of fresh, it went ok, but i wouldnt get rid of my sled for one. you can get different track lengths for smaller cc bikes. they jump well with the kits, but are really fun in the trees were the snow is packed.

reaper020

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heres one for sale
honda demoed them in vernon 2 years ago at silverstar but they looked pretty sweet. you could check with honda to see if they are going to be doing the demos again. the hondas seemed to have trouble starting in the cold an electric start is a must the ktm seemed to work best with the kit.

Top Bottom