timbersled front suspsion on xtx

muddybike

Reaction score
i have a xtx and i bent my arm on a rock. lol. i decide this would be a great time to put a timbersled front suspsion on. i just need to know the favtory shock length on a 2010 xtx.
thanks

mtnviper

Reaction score
Website
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
If I remember correctly when I measured mine they were 17.5".
If you do much side hilling I would recommend going with the 39" Timbersled front end. I've had both the 43" and 39" versions and the 39" is more mountain friendly, while the 43" works better on the trail.
I am using the 39" front end with the 17.5" shocks. Seems to be working out well, I just run a little less air pressure (65psi)in the shocks.

Bill

mtnviper

Reaction score
Website
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
How bad is the 39 for trails???

Not bad, wasn't as stable as the 43" though. The 39" feels lighter in the mountains, if that makes sense.
I should add that I do not run a sway bar. I think if a guy ran the 39" with a sway bar, it probably would feel about the same as a 43" without a sway bar on the trails.
I ride 90% mountains so I have the ball joint jamb nuts removed, screwed the ball joints all the way in and secured them with red loctite on the threads to make the front as narrow as possible. It measures out to 39 1/4".
With the jamb nuts in and ball joints screwed all the way in, it measures out to about 40 1/4" - 40 1/2". There is enough length on the ball joint threads, that a guy could get 41" pretty easy with the 39" kit.
Depending how wide you set your ball joints, you may or may not have to trim a little length off of the aluminum tie rod tubes when using the 39" kit on an XTX. I had trim about 1/4" off each end when I set mine up for the narrowest possible setting.
With the 39" kit you re-use your stock Yammie tie rod tubes. The 43" kit comes with longer tie rods.

Bill

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not bad, wasn't as stable as the 43" though. The 39" feels lighter in the mountains, if that makes sense.
I should add that I do not run a sway bar. I think if a guy ran the 39" with a sway bar, it probably would feel about the same as a 43" without a sway bar on the trails.
I ride 90% mountains so I have the ball joint jamb nuts removed, screwed the ball joints all the way in and secured them with red loctite on the threads to make the front as narrow as possible. It measures out to 39 1/4".
With the jamb nuts in and ball joints screwed all the way in, it measures out to about 40 1/4" - 40 1/2". There is enough length on the ball joint threads, that a guy could get 41" pretty easy with the 39" kit.
Depending how wide you set your ball joints, you may or may not have to trim a little length off of the aluminum tie rod tubes when using the 39" kit on an XTX. I had trim about 1/4" off each end when I set mine up for the narrowest possible setting.
With the 39" kit you re-use your stock Yammie tie rod tubes. The 43" kit comes with longer tie rods.

Bill

nice info.....Now I need to go measure mine and see what I have lol!

Top Bottom