timbersled/exit shocks

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any experience with the NEW timbersled skid and z bros shocks? I'm looking at a new skid for my 11 doo and heard that timbersled made some great improvements on the rear skid and I know z bros make a good shock! but I need some real world opinions from guys who have rode them!

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We have both the K-mod and Timbersled skids on the two Blacks. I'll start out with both Kevin from K-mod and Allen at Timbersled offer exceptional customer service. The K-mod came with anti stabs and ice scratchers. Timbersled we had to add these items. Both skids are easy to couple and uncouple. The big difference between the two skids is the shocks. K-mod uses Raptor and the Timbersled skid has Exit. Exit shocks are good, but from my limited seat time on both sleds I would have to give the nod to Raptor.

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a couple of the new Timbersled Mt. Tamers with Fox Evol's and I love them! So easy to adjust. Today I probably adjusted mine 5-6 times between boondocking and steep hill climbing. I can make it go from full wheely to skis on the ground in 10 seconds. Most versatile skd I've ever used...plus I lost 30 lbs with each skd with Timbersled drop brackets. Two thumbs up from me.

MURFDOG

Reaction score
I agree with the adjustability of the T-sled skid, just turn the knob and go. I've got the Exit shock's on mine and love the ride. I would really like to try out the Raptor shocks.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the great info! looks like the shock package is gonna be the tough decision haha.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never rode a timbersled so I cant personally comment on thier performance. Some friends have had them. They ride pretty hard and absolutely destroyed them. Maybe the design has improved since then though.

Spent some time on a K-mod and was REALLY impressed. Definitely what I would spend my money on if I were getting another one. Probably tonnes better with the new raptor shocks too. Heard nothing but good about them.

I ride a Toms setup and am pretty happy with it. Good all around skid with a little adjustment, and saves quite a bit of weight.

Top Bottom