Tight and Deep Tree Video...

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4CCgHmaaj8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

After the last tree video I posted on here and Snowest I had people telling me the trees were too spread out and that you can't ride a Nytro in tight trees. So here is a video of riding through trees the sled barely fits through at 5mph...exactly what they called me out on. It's fun sometimes to ride (sidehill) through tight trees but I prefer more fluid riding...it's more fun.

Be careful out there this weekend. Avy danger has increased to high for most locations. It's a good time to stick to some low angle technical trees! Please make sure everyone in your group has a tranceiver on them, turned on and check that they are all working. Shovel and probe in a pack on your back!

Have fun and enjoy all this DEEP POW!

Chris

Last edited:

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris so whatz ur honest opinion,u like that nytro better in the trees, more than the m8 or xp that u have ridin,,,,u seem to go quite a bit slower with the nytro,,from some of ur previous vids..also why are u using the chest mount so much this year,ur shovel cam from previous years looks so sick...keep the vids comin!!!

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow...I sure can't please everyone. I posted a vid of more open trees riding much faster and I get slack on Snowest for the trees being too spread out. I was told by someone on Snowest the Nytro can't go in tight steep trees where you are going 5mph and banging off branches and trees. So that's what I went out and did. I don't care what sled you're on you can't go fast through trees where your sled barely fits. 1) 90% of that footage is not flat ground....it's one ski riding. An 800 without a turbo would get stuck. 2) I don't feel the speeds are different between an M8, a Nytro or an XP. To be honest, how tight the trees are dictates the speed more than the sled. 3) the chest mount is the only one that doesn't get knocked off by branches when riding tight trees.

Last edited:

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris i'm not sure if you read my post wrong ,but I enjoy watching ur vids and asked for u to keep them comin.I was curious on ur honest opinion on which u liked riding the best,since ur last vids have all been sick tree riding with the nytro,and not chute climbin.I'm not saying ur not going fast enough at all,dude the friggin branches r smashin u in the face,chest all over the camera ,that tells me its tight ,techy tree ridin..i love it show me more...

Wow...I sure can't please everyone. I posted a vid of more open trees riding much faster and I get slack on Snowest for the trees being too spread out. I was told by someone on Snowest the Nytro can't go in tight steep trees where you are going 5mph and banging off branches and trees. So that's what I went out and did. I don't care what sled you're on you can't go fast through trees where your sled barely fits. 1) 90% of that footage is not flat ground....it's one ski riding. An 800 without a turbo would get stuck. 2) I don't feel the speeds are different between an M8, a Nytro or an XP. To be honest, how tight the trees are dictates the speed more than the sled. 3) the chest mount is the only one that doesn't get knocked off by branches when riding tight trees. From now on I will only post vids on my facebook page and website. That way nobody is forced to watch them.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be a d!ck here, and I'll state up front that no way could I keep up with Chris Brown! Takes some skill to go through trees like that. My point is that videos of Burandt and others riding boosted 2 strokes make it look a lot easier and they definitely throw those sleds around a lot more. Changing direction sidehilling up hill, carving a nut on what looks like a 60 degree or better hill, etc. Don't get me wrong, you're an awesome rider, I just don't believe that Nytro is better (or equal for that matter) then a lighter boosted 2 stroke that can pump out just about the same hp. :D

thammer

Reaction score
wow good for you man, thats a heavy sled and pretty tight terraine, looks like you were pulling pretty hard to keep it over once in a while

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not trying to be a d!ck here, and I'll state up front that no way could I keep up with Chris Brown! Takes some skill to go through trees like that. My point is that videos of Burandt and others riding boosted 2 strokes make it look a lot easier and they definitely throw those sleds around a lot more. Changing direction sidehilling up hill, carving a nut on what looks like a 60 degree or better hill, etc. Don't get me wrong, you're an awesome rider, I just don't believe that Nytro is better (or equal for that matter) then a lighter boosted 2 stroke that can pump out just about the same hp. :D

I have to agree on this one. I just came off riding a boosted Nytro for the last 3 seasons and I'm not a climber...so it was trees and technical riding all the way for me. It can all be done on a Nytro, but it has to be boosted, and at the end of the day...you know you have rode a heavy sled all day. I'm back on an NA 2 stroke this year and I haven't had this much fun on a sled...EVER:D:D
A lot of people do think that all a boosted Yamaha is good for - is climbing chutes. NOT TRUE...you can do just about anything on a 4 stroke as long as it's got boost....it just depends on how much energy you want to expend in doing so:specool:

Who cares what people say...Just go SHRED on whatever ride you choose!!!

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome riding Chris. I have a question about our Mtn Strap.
What brand is it? And how is it attached? I see in some vids its forward & others straight up. I would like to find the same for my Nytro.

And please keep the vids coming nice watching your vids.

NotoriousNRB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow...I sure can't please everyone. I posted a vid of more open trees riding much faster and I get slack on Snowest for the trees being too spread out. I was told by someone on Snowest the Nytro can't go in tight steep trees where you are going 5mph and banging off branches and trees. So that's what I went out and did. I don't care what sled you're on you can't go fast through trees where your sled barely fits. 1) 90% of that footage is not flat ground....it's one ski riding. An 800 without a turbo would get stuck. 2) I don't feel the speeds are different between an M8, a Nytro or an XP. To be honest, how tight the trees are dictates the speed more than the sled. 3) the chest mount is the only one that doesn't get knocked off by branches when riding tight trees.

i would love to try follow you through the trees, little game of follow the leader?

Ride Whistler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the strap is a WPS part and it wasn't tight...that's why it was in different positions. HahaI love the follow game :)

Top Bottom