Through shaft play.............

dasboot

Reaction score
Was just checking my renegade after a ride and there is 1/3 to 1/2 an inch of play on the through shaft. (clockwise-counter clockwise) Was wondering is that normal??? Wife's is a gen1 (front driveshaft) so nothing to compare to.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking your tranny is getting worn like maybe the out put shaft trying to turn those silverbacks ;)

dasboot

Reaction score
one for maybe tranny.............thanks!!! Kind of new to this quad thing if it was a vehicle could track it right down. Rear drveshaft is tight as as new thinking it would slip both ways if tranny was starting to go out? And I did put the silverbacks on just to drive to church on Sundays......lol

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the can am trannys are weak u might want to fix before it blows up or change the oil alot

dasboot

Reaction score
Actually had it checked out.................my bad... locked up tight in 4x4 always has play in 2 wheel drive. Tranny oil every 50 hrs here. Maintenance at half of warranty intervals. Pay a little extra to keep it up.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just fixed mine a seal went and took out a few bearings
I talked to few shops around Edmonton and they all have heard of can am trannys going
Weak may be a strong word . Can am makes a very well built quad

Top Bottom