thoughts

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bigger a arms, decent shocks that don't fade after going over 4 bumps. (Still not as good as a tuned shock) I rode my pro out in sk for about 1 mile before I decided it needed new shocks. I rode my assault for 2 years in the stock form.

Sent from my iPhone using

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I have been looking at the pro's and assaults as well but I think I've decided they are too high maintenance for my liking and that is from owners who love them but understand and accept the risk and cost of revolving piston jobs every 2000km.

I think I'm going etec or 2012+ cat

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tons of guys have them on hard core sledder.

Would be my first sled of choice for sask only riding.

Seen guys extra pop rivet the top of tunnel sides for jumping. Can adjust it for trail or pow.

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just sold my assault and moved to a pro and would never go back. The assault was a brute to make turn and play around. The Pro is a much easier machine to tool around on. Springs are a little light stock setting but with proper pre-load i saw no shock fade on the stock gear

bbecker17

Reaction score
hey im wanting to buy a 2011 or 2012 assault 144, wanting to know ppl's thougths on them?

whats your plans with the sled, are you planning to go up north and run trails and play in the powder?
plan on going out west once a year?

either way i know for me a 144 would just feel short now, the only reason i would get the 144 is it i was if i new all i was ganna be doing is running down the ditch or trail,

i have a 155 pro and love it for everything

Jake

Reaction score
Got one, works excellent for me. Most of our riding is local, at the lake or on bush trails and cut lines. Sled is built for rougher use. Only do one or two trips to the mountains a year and works well as long as your not a high marker. The adjustable shocks are great, stiffen them up for the trail ride and soften them for side hilling and carving.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this is a sad thing to say but I have been a owner of Polaris since 1977... yup 1977 and had many sleds since then and last one was the 2005 900. Yikes you say... junk you say...mine ran like a top. went on multiple Polaris demo rides and love the machine... holds a line on a side hill like no other... the 600 is a dream to ride and probably the lightest machine I have ever had (well except the 1979 spitfire as a back up)But! Polaris has engine issues and I bought a new XM. WOW this is an amazing sled so before you buy do yourself a favor and try one. Just try one and you will see and if you want a Polaris try the 600... best tree sled in there line up. This isn't a manufacturer bash just what I have done and food for thought

Top Bottom