Thoughts on Revy and/or Sicamous/Fernie

khaos_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned Golden....I love it there as well. Been to Fernie, Revy, and Golden. My fave so far is still Revy but Golden is closer for me, and Fernie is great too!!

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fernie got the champagne POW. Every area has it's highs an lows lol.

JungleJim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As mentioned timing is everything to hit good snow. Used to ride Fernie amd got sick and tired of creek crossings, colder weather, and hitting rocks if you climb high as it always seemed really windblown up top. Golden is nice and close, has champagne powder when it does snow as it too is colder but other than Gorman you end up driving far to areas. Both are ski snob towns... I much prefer to just push through and get to Revy and Sicamous where sledders are still welcomed, weather is warmer and snow is generally better.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revy is just about not on the list of snob free planker zones

Drives me nuts compared to 5-10 plus years ago when ya got sledderz discount
As mentioned timing is everything to hit good snow. Used to ride Fernie amd got sick and tired of creek crossings, colder weather, and hitting rocks if you climb high as it always seemed really windblown up top. Golden is nice and close, has champagne powder when it does snow as it too is colder but other than Gorman you end up driving far to areas. Both are ski snob towns... I much prefer to just push through and get to Revy and Sicamous where sledders are still welcomed, weather is warmer and snow is generally better.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like Fernie in the sense we don't travel 15 hours only to get socked in for half our trip. The ammenities and snow in Revy are better and consistently deeper but for a long haul its hit and miss.
Fernie can be a bit hit amd miss in snow cover but the area is plenty big if your willing to leave the trail.

As mentioned, if I had to go to Revy, I'd prefer to keep driving 25 mins West to Sicamous.

Fernie I'm rarely worried about theft like Revy.

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Fernie snowmobile club has gone through many changes in the last 20 years and it seems to me the area is welcoming more and more people. With a new cabin and a second one getting built and with the groomers doing a great job I see more and more families sledding together to the cabins and exploring the area's.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All of these areas are pretty awesome in their own way. Just depends what a person is looking for.

Revy - Wicked snow, lots of cool terrain, tons of people (good or bad I guess depending on what you are looking for), great club with lots of infrastructure
Sicamous - Also wicked snow, awesome terrain, a little farther drive, less crowded
Golden - I found Golden almost as crowded as revy unless you want to drive out to silent pass, snow is good but not as good as revy, little colder, great terrain
Koots - Not as much snow as the above but always good snow to be found because of less traffic, LOTS of tree riding (and tighter trees than people are generally used to), Not nearly as much open terrain

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There all incredible with the addition of 1 ingredient. POW

Last edited:

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not as much snow!!! Did you sled last year?
All of these areas are pretty awesome in their own way. Just depends what a person is looking for.

Revy - Wicked snow, lots of cool terrain, tons of people (good or bad I guess depending on what you are looking for), great club with lots of infrastructure
Sicamous - Also wicked snow, awesome terrain, a little farther drive, less crowded
Golden - I found Golden almost as crowded as revy unless you want to drive out to silent pass, snow is good but not as good as revy, little colder, great terrain
Koots - Not as much snow as the above but always good snow to be found because of less traffic, LOTS of tree riding (and tighter trees than people are generally used to), Not nearly as much open terrain

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not as much snow!!! Did you sled last year?

Last year was good. On average we dont get anywhere near what Revy or Sicamous does. Looks like certain areas of the koots get more than others. Here in Creston we are definitely at the lower end of the spectrum.

AxysAssault

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like Fernie area due to being close enough for a day trip if need be. (Hell of a long day)
Huge riding areas to explore and rarely share snow with other groups.

Golden I find very crowded, but I haven't been anywhere other than quartz. Have also done a hell of a day trip. (#dadlife)

Revy is usually awesome. (Last year 2 days before Christmas was insane.....and we were the only ones at glacier lodge pub)

Sicamous is just awesome as well. Huge areas. Lots of snow. Thats where we are heading boxing day.

But at the end of the day, I'd rather have a bad snow day in any of those places than ditch bang in MB again. Haha.

Top Bottom