Thoughts on Quebec/Ontario anti-pipeline antics...

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you peeps think about the latest scam for money involving blockading of the new pipeline east under the guise of environmentalism?

gdvross

Reaction score
I think these governments that make decisions which directly effect their economy on the negative side should have their transfer payments cut by that amount.If you ever hear of Vivian Krause from Vancouver being interviewed listen to if you can,she digs into tax returns to find out where these groups get their money from.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If no other province wants Ab oil (which benefits the entire country) to pass through their land, turn the taps off. Keep all the resources here in Ab. Since we can't move our resources we start manufacturing goods. Give any company that wants to set up shop free gas/power if they move to Ab and set up shop. Need revenue coming in from somewhere.
No idea if it's feasible, I'm just a mechanic but sometimes play finance minister.

fidorama

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.geocaching.com
If no other province wants Ab oil (which benefits the entire country) to pass through their land, turn the taps off. Keep all the resources here in Ab. Since we can't move our resources we start manufacturing goods. Give any company that wants to set up shop free gas/power if they move to Ab and set up shop. Need revenue coming in from somewhere.
No idea if it's feasible, I'm just a mechanic but sometimes play finance minister.

good lord corporate freebee's??? are you f***ing kidding me??? I think our government kiss's too much corporate ass already.. other than that I do like the rest of your thinkin

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easterners and Eco weenies from BC don't understand the immense wealth and amount of tax money generated by alberta. If alberta kept the 11BILLION or so we send in transfer payments every year we'd be like Norway with 600 billion in the bank and no debt. Time to set up our own tax system (like Quebec has) and keep all our money in alberta. I'm tired of supporting the welfare provinces like BC, NB, NS,PEI,QC,MB and now Ontario. The newfies finally figured out that it's better to work than hold your hand out your whole life and the province is starting to prosper.
I feel for people who live everywhere in BC other than the lower mainland. They toil and get over taxed to support the trendy metrosexual whiners in Vancouver. Sad. And Ontario with that dyke douchbag running the show will be so far in debt when she's done that they'll have to slash to the bone in order to dig themselves out.
When will liberal politicians (Obama, Trudeau, wynne et al) learn that you can't spend your way to prosperity.
its typical of the easterners to try to block anything that will benefit the west. The railroads, cdn wheat board, NEP, are but a couple of examples of how central Canada kept the west poor and under control.
we need a premier and provincial govt that will put alberta first for a change.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easterners and Eco weenies from BC don't understand the immense wealth and amount of tax money generated by alberta. If alberta kept the 11BILLION or so we send in transfer payments every year we'd be like Norway with 600 billion in the bank and no debt. Time to set up our own tax system (like Quebec has) and keep all our money in alberta. I'm tired of supporting the welfare provinces like BC, NB, NS,PEI,QC,MB and now Ontario. The newfies finally figured out that it's better to work than hold your hand out your whole life and the province is starting to prosper.
I feel for people who live everywhere in BC other than the lower mainland. They toil and get over taxed to support the trendy metrosexual whiners in Vancouver. Sad. And Ontario with that dyke douchbag running the show will be so far in debt when she's done that they'll have to slash to the bone in order to dig themselves out.
When will liberal politicians (Obama, Trudeau, wynne et al) learn that you can't spend your way to prosperity.
its typical of the easterners to try to block anything that will benefit the west. The railroads, cdn wheat board, NEP, are but a couple of examples of how central Canada kept the west poor and under control.
we need a premier and provincial govt that will put alberta first for a change.

Every time I go to fort at John I'm amazed that's it's in bc. I dont think any vancouverites have ever been there cause I'm sure they'd want to shut it down

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Eco weenies never stray too far from a Starbucks or their moms basement. Ft. St John is way too far from fresh tofu and the roads too rough for their volvos. And they're afraid of working people. Way to many up there!
Man that's funny. I've hung Coil Tubing in a few wells from Dawson to Peggo up the Sierra and there are a lot of hard workers up there.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every time I go to fort at John I'm amazed that's it's in bc. I dont think any vancouverites have ever been there cause I'm sure they'd want to shut it down
They never go past the Port Mann bridge or Whistler. They also still believe that their livelihood doesn't depend on the resources in the rest of the province. Piss me off.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think these governments that make decisions which directly effect their economy on the negative side should have their transfer payments cut by that amount.If you ever hear of Vivian Krause from Vancouver being interviewed listen to if you can,she digs into tax returns to find out where these groups get their money from.
Sun News and Ezra Levant is also pretty good at following the money. Most of these professional protesters are funded out of companies that benefit directly from Opec (Saudi, middle east) oil.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know if it's envy or what but the easterners would rather buy oil from dictatorships than from their own countrymen. It's like they hate to see the west prosper. No one asks about greenhouse gas emmissions from the dung heap countries or cares about oil tankers sailing up the St Lawrence but mention the oil sands and the northern gateway to the west coast and the greenies and eastern premiers get their panties in a bunch. They're all a bunch of hypocrites and shiftless crusaders looking for a cause. Time to keep alberta money in alberta and let the rest pay their own way for a change.

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know if it's envy or what but the easterners would rather buy oil from dictatorships than from their own countrymen. It's like they hate to see the west prosper. No one asks about greenhouse gas emmissions from the dung heap countries or cares about oil tankers sailing up the St Lawrence but mention the oil sands and the northern gateway to the west coast and the greenies and eastern premiers get their panties in a bunch. They're all a bunch of hypocrites and shiftless crusaders looking for a cause. Time to keep alberta money in alberta and let the rest pay their own way for a change.
I think it's more about their perceived "power and control", after all they are the center of the universe, I mean central Canada.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you make a living?

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Every development or uber-project has its antics with lobbyist's, politicians and Nay Sayer's. It seems to be a fad to create a big show up front that gets everyone's attention..., just like it is done on purpose.
I am more interested in what goes on quietly that they do not want any one seeing...

Top Bottom