Thoughts: Aftermarket Turbo Kit or New Doo Turbo!?

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris is still 3+ years away from anything close to factory boost. They dont have the engineering capacity to launch something that technologically advanced quite yet. Dont hold your breath waiting for that one, you will die.
Aughhhhh....isnt BRP power supplied by a 3rd party .....far as I know they don't actually make their own motors ...

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris is still 3+ years away from anything close to factory boost. They dont have the engineering capacity to launch something that technologically advanced quite yet. Dont hold your breath waiting for that one, you will die.

Where do you come up with this stuff, you have spies in Polaris. You spin as much BS as Trudope

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where do you come up with this stuff, you have spies in Polaris. You spin as much BS as Trudope

ill mark it down in my calendar to revisit this thread in 3 seasons time. see if i was wrong lol. Burandt himself says polaris doesnt need to go that direction they are lighter.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Aughhhhh....isnt BRP power supplied by a 3rd party .....far as I know they don't actually make their own motors ...

Rotax is the brand name for a range of internal combustion engines developed and manufactured by the Austrian company BRP-Rotax GmbH & Co KG, in turn owned by the Canadian Bombardier Recreational Products

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run 2 4 stroke turbo's both have very little lag as they are very short exhaust and short intake tubing. This being said the short exhaust combined with the short intake create minimal lag. The sidewinder is a classic example of factory compared to aftermarket, but it to has some lag. BRP has done an awesome job of bringing a 2 stroke turbo to market, it will make the other manufacturers have to step it up.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Disagree, because they can control that now. Otherwise they would have just put a crappy 4lbs wastegate Spring in instead of engineering an electronically controlled one. The turbo is WAY closer to the intake than where they are mounted aftermarket. That makes a difference. Shorter the intake track the better. From a boondocker sidekick it’s probbaly 12-16 inches closer.

Ok sure, still don't see the lag free part.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run 2 4 stroke turbo's both have very little lag as they are very short exhaust and short intake tubing. This being said the short exhaust combined with the short intake create minimal lag. The sidewinder is a classic example of factory compared to aftermarket, but it to has some lag. BRP has done an awesome job of bringing a 2 stroke turbo to market, it will make the other manufacturers have to step it up.

The lag could be eliminated if a smaller turbo was used, but who wants to limit the HP that can be made.

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The lag could be eliminated if a smaller turbo was used, but who wants to limit the HP that can be made.
You will always have some lag with a turbo as the exhaust must spool the turbo. Lag free is a supercharger,extremely hard on fuel! My boondocker apex is very close to lag free for a mid sized turbo(2860). And you are right who wants a smaller turbo.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Disagree, because they can control that now. Otherwise they would have just put a crappy 4lbs wastegate Spring in instead of engineering an electronically controlled one. The turbo is WAY closer to the intake than where they are mounted aftermarket. That makes a difference. Shorter the intake track the better. From a boondocker sidekick it’s probbaly 12-16 inches closer.
Centre mount for the win buds - distance from intake is very short - creates the most power - maybe one day when I can afford it - I'll get her dyno'd and prove it - force turbos is doing the same thing as Doo with the exhaust flapper valve that is open at lower rpms and closes at a certain time to build boost - that's alot of the fix for the "no lag " movement - and the intake also - I installed a reed block in my airbox same function as the new Doo really - the turbo smart electronic wastegate that I posted a pic of earlier - that can also be put on any aftermarket setup and electronically controlled to be open at lower rpms and close and create boost at a certain Rpm and then also open at 8 to 10lbs if that's where you want it - I would way rather have the self engineered high boost aftermarket setup - but that's my opinion - I'm a crazy old hoor like that - I prefer silicone over factory produced weird cookie cutter intake hoses etc - Kustom everything for the win

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Centre mount for the win buds - distance from intake is very short - creates the most power - maybe one day when I can afford it - I'll get her dyno'd and prove it

Forsure, which is why your center mount Design was a great concept. didnt work for many but sounds like yours works as it should and is close to the intake

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh - and why do you think cat is gonna come out with a centre mount turbo - exactly shortest inlet and outlet possible - which in the end creates the most HP - there's a reason why Cat always wins in the HP Dept

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh - and why do you think cat is gonna come out with a centre mount turbo - exactly shortest inlet and outlet possible - which in the end creates the most HP - there's a reason why Cat always wins in the HP Dept

cat is even further than Polaris from releasing a turbo. their chassis is 10 years old, cant see them turboing the current chassis would force them to run it for another 5+ years. They need a new chassis to run a couple years first.

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cat is even further than Polaris from releasing a turbo. their chassis is 10 years old, cant see them turboing the current chassis would force them to run it for another 5+ years. They need a new chassis to run a couple years first.
At least they have drawing of a centre mount turbo - that's half the battle

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rotax is the brand name for a range of internal combustion engines developed and manufactured by the Austrian company BRP-Rotax GmbH & Co KG, in turn owned by the Canadian Bombardier Recreational Products
Read a little further on wikki.....

"In 1970, Lohner-Rotax was bought by the Canadian Bombardier Inc. The former Bombardier branch, Bombardier Recreational Products, now an independent company, uses Rotax engines in its ground vehicles, personal water craft, and snowmobiles.[2]"

Still a separate company ....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
read carefully. ''The former Bombardier branch, Bombardier Recreational Products, now an independent company, uses Rotax engine"

BRP is now an independent company, independent of Bombardier. ROTAX is owned by BRP, not Bombardier.

Following?

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wikiki is ****...............

Plus read carefully. ''The former Bombardier branch, Bombardier Recreational Products, now an independent company, uses Rotax engine"

BRP is now an independent company, independent of Bombardier. ROTAX is owned by BRP, not Bombardier.

Following?

Ok so still irrelevant skidoo still has a turbo 2 stroke lmao

Top Bottom