Those Darn Clutches

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I sure appreciate everyones help with deciding if to use Brakeclean to clean clutches but now I have a bigger problem .I bought the sled in the spring and today took the clutch off. Both pieces have some bad gashes in them. Should I get a new clutch, used clutch or something else? It's out of a 06 800 Summit. I'm not a High Marker just love to play in the mountains, in the deep snow and the" smaller peaks".I don't know the $ fig. behind my different avenues. Thanks a Bunch

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry I'm not that advanced with technology.

Go to post a post quick reply, to the right is go Advanced, scroll down a bit, and there is manage attachments. Upload the pics, and Waala!!!!!

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here it is.

Attachments

• Clutch0001DSCN1421.jpg
    Clutch0001DSCN1421.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 274

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And now the rest of the story ( who was that radio host " Paul Harvey") The Sled no longer has a starter but has a battery. Looks like the ring gear came off and toar up the fixed shive, plus a bit of the motor. On the edge of the shive I think they tried to balance it by drilling holes .There is even a mysterious flat washer down under where one of the slider shoes sits jamed in tight. They did a good job because I had taken it to valmount for one day and I thought it ran pretty darn good before putting it away for the year

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And now the rest of the story ( who was that radio host " Paul Harvey") The Sled no longer has a starter but has a battery. Looks like the ring gear came off and toar up the fixed shive, plus a bit of the motor. On the edge of the shive I think they tried to balance it by drilling holes .There is even a mysterious flat washer down under where one of the slider shoes sits jamed in tight. They did a good job because I had taken it to valmount for one day and I thought it ran pretty darn good before putting it away for the year
does the "mysterious washer" look like this?

balanceweights.jpg

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well now I don't feel so alone.Just a little down because you have 2 and I only have one.So what is it Teeroy?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well now I don't feel so alone.Just a little down because you have 2 and I only have one.So what is it Teeroy?
they are balancing weights, some have one, some have two, and some don't have any. the holes are also from the factory, they are also there to balance the clutch.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is my washer.

Attachments

• DSCN1423.jpg
    DSCN1423.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 243

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since my sled does not have a starter does it really need a battery or does it help with the other electrical stuff (thumb warmers ,lights, etc. ) It seems everyone tells you to lighten up the sled for performance so do I get rid of the Bat.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have advice on whether I pull the Battery or not?

jew door

Reaction score
Pull the battery, you'll need to get an electrical part that plugs into the wiring harness. At least I did on my 07.

young-gun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think he is asking if he can delete the battery all together. seeing as he doesn,t have electric start.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Martins today and asked about the electrical conector to get rid of the bat. and they said I don't need anything just pull the Battery. Hope it works

Top Bottom