Thinking of custom truck deck

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the 7 foot deck on my short box chevy! works great and I have ramps that go from the truck to trailer for the skies. the track doesnt need a ramp and the deck will haul my 163 or my kid`s 136. it is a 93 chevy, ex cab, 4x4, full load (AC still blows cold!) that will be comming up for sale. buying a new truck next month!

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nice unit if you like CHECKER PLATE... if you want custom , then you don't want something that came off an assembly line .:beer::beer:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey Cyle
Good eye and yes it was a short box and the deck is at its max length,Mine is 9 ft,It has a removable fifth wheel and the hitch had to be installed on the deck,didnt use the one from the box.Dont let SWS fool you,this is a SWS deck I had made with the options I wanted.Options were LED Lights,Light Bar,Fifth Wheel,Reciever Hitch,Half Wall Headache rack and rear skirt......................Was around 5000 installed!
I myself would never spend another nickel at SWS as Im not real happy with it,The paint was a joke and the wiring was done buy a six year old Im sure, and the salesman was a jerk!
catmando!

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had an 85 F250 supercab about 10 years ago. I took off the 8 foot box and built an 8 foot flatdeck. This worked out very well. I had removable 2 foot sides that doubled as the loading ramps. Of course, I did not take pictures of it.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea theres not a chance i'd even think of spending $5000 on a deck. Weird about SWS though my dad just bought a trailer there and said they were good to deal with, however the quality of trailer is just ok. Will probably just end up building it myself, steel is cheap.

Ponyboy that deck on your truck looks really good, that is like exactly what I want.

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea theres not a chance i'd even think of spending $5000 on a deck. Weird about SWS though my dad just bought a trailer there and said they were good to deal with, however the quality of trailer is just ok. Will probably just end up building it myself, steel is cheap.

Ponyboy that deck on your truck looks really good, that is like exactly what I want.

thanks CYLE. the top tool boxes are same shape as bottom front . the top slides right off , so it has more than one purpose , other than ( WORK ).... what kind of truck are you putting this on , single wheel or dually. long box or short

Top Bottom