Thinkin turbo xtx

ddvb1204

Reaction score
My 09 sumitt 860r is done. Hit a pole under the snow impacted the primary motor exploded.It is insured hoping for 9k if im lucky. I am thinking about geting 2012 xtx nytro. I dont ride the mountain that much mabey once a year. Rivers pipelines powerlines 1 or 2 feet of snow. My 860 made about 175 hp would like 200hp nytro. Want the reliability of a 4 stroke skidoo always tinkering with s!!!. Never got more than 500 k on a motor. I here 10000k on a turbo no problem is this true or bull s!!!. I JUST WANT TO RIDE AND BE LEADING THE PACK. Opinions please. :):(:realmad::eek::rolleyes:

Attachments

• sled 1.jpg
    sled 1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 167

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no mater what you ride.....if you hit a pole.....there is no sled that will live through that! lol sorry for your bad luck......and yes 310 HP 4 stroke and 4500 miles......so far!

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think you'll hear anyone disagree that the motors are dead reliabilte and durable. The rest of the sled is still a sled...drive line bearing replacements, suspension maintenace, track replacements, etc.

Also, I would think any mod sled is going to have a little more PM to keep it running relaibly. You've got more moving parts to maintain.

500kms on a motor....a 4stroke will not even be broke in. I've got 6100kms, 600 on boost (just 5 psi so far).

Problems I've had that I think were yamis fault: starter relay, bolt in chain case retaining gear on drive shaft, and throttle position sensor. Oh, and the Maverick track is lame. The steering bushings on the Apex are weak as are the front suspension bushings. But there are aftermarket fixes for both of these.

Fairly minor stuff really, and only the bolt head snapping off in the chain case caused me to loose any riding time (1/2 day).

The dark side awaits...

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha is known for its engines, all makes and models have there pro's and con's. like stated previously with a few upgrades they are all decent, just depends on the riders preferance and wallet. There is no such thing as gas and go. even yamaha's requires maintenance.

ddvb1204

Reaction score
If I find a 2011 xtx what would it be worth or should I wait for the 2012 . how much are turbos instaled .

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I find a 2011 xtx what would it be worth or should I wait for the 2012 . how much are turbos instaled .

15 to 18 grand sled and turbo complete, brand new. depends on who's kit and installation. that is if you buying new. used nytros run anywhere from 7 grand to the price of a new one... kits are generally 6000 plus... plus being clutching, gauges, brakets...etc

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

6000km my nitro low boost ditch sled. 153 mtx. I drive the snot outa it and she never let me down 16 mile long lake at my house. To the bar one end tothe other all the time Never go back to a 2 stroke unless it were a 800 cat. Those engines are high mile motors, as far as 2 stroke goes anyway

ddvb1204

Reaction score
what turbo kit recomended I ride 1000-2000 feet

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what turbo kit recomended I ride 1000-2000 feet

anyone of them. ulmer, alpine, BD, powderlite, push, mpi, impulse,mcx... they all work.
i suggest if your not going to install the kit yourself go with your dealers choice as they will be closets to you for support or whomever is installing it as there are a asset to have for techical support. its great to have a turbo guys number and a good relationship with them...

E&S

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
:specool:I just completed a XTX with a 1 3/4 backcountry track and the new MPI 180 turbo kit. The XTX with the taller gearing and awesome suspension it frigging rips, IMO One wicked sled !!!!! Darren

ddvb1204

Reaction score
u got pictures how much you got invested is it 4 sale

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
MCX. Proven, reliable. Closest thing to gas and go bar none. ;)

Mcx. All the way. Theres only cheap imitations. Not sure about the mpi the e&s is selling now. I do know they used to push mcx turbo kits.

Top Bottom