Things to do In Revy For the non sledder

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
As many of you know I'll be headed to Revelstoke in a couple weeks. Sad thing is I don't have a sled anymore (may it RIP), and my girlfriend doesn't really enjoy sledding, so I'm looking for things for us to do that doesn't require a sled. I'd love to rent a machine and go for a 2 or 3 hour ride though if anyone knows of good places with good rates, I'll just send her to the SPA for that time, and go play.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Also where is a really nice place I can take her for dinner?

Last edited by a moderator:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Tylerg

We need to summon "powderpuff".................... Hhhhhhmmmmmmmm, oh might powderpuff, wherefore artthou, oh powderpuff....... Shes from revy and i think she could give you a few good ideas. I've been lots, in summer and winter, but wait till our dearest powderpuff replies......... Eg: check out the "damn", head south and take the ferry across north arrowhead lake to nakusp hotsprings or halcyon hotsprings, checkout the railway museum, check out some of the fish hatcheries, drive to 3 valley gap, head to sicamous and see all the houseboats(they're probably starting to put them in the water now), and much, much, more....:p

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Summitric summed er up pretty good for the entertainment, guessing you don`t want to take her to Stokers. We do have a huge new over budgeted pool you might want to check out. The Hillcrest hotel is a nice quiet place to go for dinner, Zalas in good too. Not sure if 3 Valley is open yet but they have theme rooms.;)
Here are some rental companies

• Admin

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Summitric summed er up pretty good for the entertainment, guessing you don`t want to take her to Stokers. We do have a huge new over budgeted pool you might want to check out. The Hillcrest hotel is a nice quiet place to go for dinner, Zalas in good too. Not sure if 3 Valley is open yet but they have theme rooms.;)
Here are some rental companies

Thanks Powder Puff. I'm not sure I'm actually gonna sled or not, but we'll see what the costs are like. I sure miss it, I haven't ridden since January when mine died in my back field.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your'e right need to keep this site PG hopefully no offense to anyone. Tried to put it in a way not to cross the PG border

Last edited by a moderator:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I thought that was pretty damn good.....

Hey arcticdodge, i thought that was very "enticing":ignore: ....... Kinda funny. Just imagine, the candlelite flickering, a bottle of fine chardonnay chilling on ice(in the sink), a subdued music tone silhouetting the room with evanescence playing, dim glow of street lights and neon signs wimpering through the partially closed curtains, and tylerg in his best "g" string and nighty combo with stilleto's...................... Eeeewwwwwww, wrecked that one, eh???:d :offtopic: :lol2:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Evanescence? hell I was thinking more along the lines of Jeff Foxworthy or Ron White, or maybe some Larry The Cable Guy. That would make it so much more fitting. :rolleyes:

Hey arcticdodge, i thought that was very "enticing":ignore: ....... Kinda funny. Just imagine, the candlelite flickering, a bottle of fine chardonnay chilling on ice(in the sink), a subdued music tone silhouetting the room with evanescence playing, dim glow of street lights and neon signs wimpering through the partially closed curtains, and tylerg in his best "g" string and nighty combo with stilleto's...................... Eeeewwwwwww, wrecked that one, eh???:d :offtopic: :lol2:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Quit your making me want to go to revy now................:eek:

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride my Sled

As many of you know I'll be headed to Revelstoke in a couple weeks. Sad thing is I don't have a sled anymore (may it RIP), and my girlfriend doesn't really enjoy sledding, so I'm looking for things for us to do that doesn't require a sled. I'd love to rent a machine and go for a 2 or 3 hour ride though if anyone knows of good places with good rates, I'll just send her to the SPA for that time, and go play.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Also where is a really nice place I can take her for dinner?

Hey TylerG,

If you really want, I will meet you in Revy. You can ride my sled for the day, and I will... uh... show your girlfriend where the spa is:rolleyes:.

tekim

(how long till this gets moderated?)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Thats a really nice offer Tekim, however I must turn it down. I don't feel comfortable riding other people snowmobiles as if something happened to it I couldn't afford to repair it. So you go ahead and ride in Revy (the weather will be great) and I'll show my girlfriend the uh...... spa.... yes, the spa.

Hey TylerG,

If you really want, I will meet you in Revy. You can ride my sled for the day, and I will... uh... show your girlfriend where the spa is:rolleyes:.

tekim

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Well I'm really hoping you two know each other. TylerG...I know people who know people who know people who take care of little problems like this. Just contact me at
www.DirtyDeedsDoneDirtCheep.com

Cheers
:D :D :D
Hey TylerG,

tekim

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a really nice offer Tekim, however I must turn it down. I don't feel comfortable riding other people snowmobiles as if something happened to it I couldn't afford to repair it. So you go ahead and ride in Revy (the weather will be great) and I'll show my girlfriend the uh...... spa.... yes, the spa.

Yeah, I guess you are right. I don't feet too comfortable riding other people's... snowmobiles either. And like you said, if something ever did happen, it would probably be really expensive:rolleyes: !

tekim

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In Revy, Girlfriend/ Hotel/ what more do you need?

Maybe a bottle of wine!:devildancing:

How about a sled! LOL!
catmando!
Not to upset you tylerg but I;m having a tough time thinking a sledder in Revy in the winter without a sled,Like a spaceman without a spacesuit(very hard to breath).
Rent a couple 600 summits,surprise her!Then off to the spa!

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
How about a sled! LOL!
catmando!
Not to upset you tylerg but I;m having a tough time thinking a sledder in Revy in the winter without a sled,Like a spaceman without a spacesuit(very hard to breath).
Rent a couple 600 summits,surprise her!Then off to the spa!

I don't think she'd ride Catmando, she's not a winter sports girl, she doesn't have the gear for sledding (however I did just read that they supply all the gear) however that would be might expensive. I might try to talk her into it, but we'll see. I'm hoping that I'll have a sled for 2007-2008 sled season, if not I will definitely have one for the 2008-2009 season.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Keep in mind Tyler, there are a ton of good low milage used sleds at reasonable prices. I sold my 98 670 X for just over $3000 this winter with a new motor and in perfect shape...would have been a good way to keep riding. Keep your eyes on the ads....and priorities, spending money on a girlfriend vs. sled....questionable...lol :D :D :D
Just kidding of course.

I don't think she'd ride Catmando, she's not a winter sports girl, she doesn't have the gear for sledding (however I did just read that they supply all the gear) however that would be might expensive. I might try to talk her into it, but we'll see. I'm hoping that I'll have a sled for 2007-2008 sled season, if not I will definitely have one for the 2008-2009 season.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Keep in mind Tyler, there are a ton of good low milage used sleds at reasonable prices. I sold my 98 670 X for just over $3000 this winter with a new motor and in perfect shape...would have been a good way to keep riding. Keep your eyes on the ads....and priorities, spending money on a girlfriend vs. sled....questionable...lol :D :D :D
Just kidding of course.

I know :) but I should also look at getting out of the parents house before I buy too many more toys. The tent trailer is my toy for this year (should have bought a quad). Next year it'll be a newer sled (no more 197X machines for me). My buddy might be selling his ZR 700 so I might pick that up next year. Yes, I know its a Cat, but its in good shape.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
What, are you crazy, stay at home as long as you can and build up all the fun things in life you want. Once you on you own, paying rent etc there is less and less. Of course my kids will get booted out as soon as they start working (more or less) cause I'm a Hard ^ss.

Cheers

I know :) but I should also look at getting out of the parents house before I buy too many more toys. The tent trailer is my toy for this year (should have bought a quad). Next year it'll be a newer sled (no more 197X machines for me). My buddy might be selling his ZR 700 so I might pick that up next year. Yes, I know its a Cat, but its in good shape.

Top Bottom