Thieves at Boulder - change your habits

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
yah, man i miss those days of trying to strap down a can of some sort only to have it bounce off 9 times on the way up, or better yet when it would come loose and rub the **** out of the tunnel before it let loose on one side and got sucked into the track. Ahh the good ole days!

yup... Lost more than my share of jerry cans on the road up renshaw and silent pass ;)

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, man I miss those days of trying to strap down a can of some sort only to have it bounce off 9 times on the way up, or better yet when it would come loose and rub the **** out of the tunnel before it let loose on one side and got sucked into the track. Ahh the good ole days!

Remember my buddies gas can fell off but was dangling from the straps. I tried to pull up beside him to tell him, he thought I was racing lol. We got to the gas drop fast that way.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to love the guys with (4) 1 ngallon jugs full of fuel with ropes tied to them hanging over the seat in front of the rider to hold them in place.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a real good bunzz workout this year when a buddies Polaris rack spit out a jerry can and I held it in between my thighs trying to catch him up the 7km Allan trail lol. passed him with that red bugger squeezed tightly in my junk and kept on going! GO HARD, GET HARD AND STAY HARD!

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah, man I miss those days of trying to strap down a can of some sort only to have it bounce off 9 times on the way up, or better yet when it would come loose and rub the **** out of the tunnel before it let loose on one side and got sucked into the track. Ahh the good ole days!

Or even luckier when the ratchet strap hook got caught in your track and fu##ed the track

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
The bro law had a gas can stolen from the back of his truck in front of his house, the next jug was filled with 2/3 sugar water. It went missing as well, but hasn’t had anything taken for quite a while now!
Crooks are getting a lot worse though. My neighbor just told me a story yesterday about a farmer he knows that was fed up with fuel thieves. (Not trying to racially profile but this was really close to a reserve) He put a bunch of water in one of his big farm tanks ,and sure enough, the next night there were tire tracks right up to it. Here's the scary part. Soon after that he came home and there was a note on his tank."Do that again and we'll burn your house down"

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that's pretty bad, steal from you and then threaten your family...

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People suck, I like to just throw it off. Then add that 20 pounds onto my sled for the trail down. All that extra fuel in my t3 won’t let it haul with the alphas, and keep up with the inefficient 8****tys, haha.

Invalid Zero

Reaction score
Time to question your normal habits.

Had a LINQ jerry can stolen from Boulder on Sunday. Should have known to hide it elsewhere. Easy picking when there are so few people around this time of year.

We've always dropped jerry cans, and never gave it a second thought.

My group picked up a Linq can Sunday morning. Looked like it had been there for a good while though, just a hint of red poking out and the snow was solid around it. What area did you drop it?

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My group picked up a Linq can Sunday morning. Looked like it had been there for a good while though, just a hint of red poking out and the snow was solid around it. What area did you drop it?

Since it was just stolen last Sunday (Mar. 24th), it's doubtful that it belongs to us. Dropped it near the cabin in the morning and it was gone when we got back. They took his (which was full) and left mine, which was empty.
If it has no marks that allow it to be claimed, I'd be happy to buy it from you. My jerry can is marked with my last name on the bottom, but can't remember if his was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom