Thieves at Boulder - change your habits

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Time to question your normal habits.

Had a LINQ jerry can stolen from Boulder on Sunday. Should have known to hide it elsewhere. Easy picking when there are so few people around this time of year.

We've always dropped jerry cans, and never gave it a second thought.

Jayste

Reaction score
The bro law had a gas can stolen from the back of his truck in front of his house, the next jug was filled with 2/3 sugar water. It went missing as well, but hasn’t had anything taken for quite a while now!

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bro law had a gas can stolen from the back of his truck in front of his house, the next jug was filled with 2/3 sugar water. It went missing as well, but hasn’t had anything taken for quite a while now!

Thought about doing that a time or two, but I know that I'd end up pouring it in one of my own engines.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Need More of this happening, all sorts of ways to straighten those fuggers out.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
please explain except ?? Would want to be there to see them shake it to see if it got something in it, would be a bang up time

Perhaps I should’ve said “ nitroglycerin instead of water/sugar”.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True, the biggest thieves in this story are BRP, charging $100+ for a 11l jerry can.
Well I haven’t heard BRP get blamed for gas theft before? I guess we all can buy $20 jerry cans again and spend an hour tying them to our tunnels again so they don’t fall off like they did in the 90’s? Or maybe pay $150 for a custom ratchet strap from Daryl Baker to hold it down? Why drop the can anyways? Dump it in at 11am and put the almost weightless can back on the tunnel where it belongs?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to play devils advocate for a moment. I wonder if sometimes people grab the wrong can? Around the corner or behind the next tree is a now abandoned can. With all the dope smoking up there it could happen. If your can is marked then they would have to be especially baked though. I do miss the old days when you could leave just about anything out anywhere.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Just to play devils advocate for a moment. I wonder if sometimes people grab the wrong can? Around the corner or behind the next tree is a now abandoned can. With all the dope smoking up there it could happen. If your can is marked then they would have to be especially baked though. I do miss the old days when you could leave just about anything out anywhere.
You're a dope.

• Recommends
Reactions: ZIG

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never understood leaving the jerry can somewhere...dump it in as Snopro says and you don't have to backtrack

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I haven’t heard BRP get blamed for gas theft before? I guess we all can buy $20 jerry cans again and spend an hour tying them to our tunnels again so they don’t fall off like they did in the 90’s? Or maybe pay $150 for a custom ratchet strap from Daryl Baker to hold it down? Why drop the can anyways? Dump it in at 11am and put the almost weightless can back on the tunnel where it belongs?
i agree you can always take it off if stuck but I do agree with adamg they are a little pricey and do change fairly frequently.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never understood leaving the jerry can somewhere...dump it in as Snopro says and you don't have to backtrack

The problem is at a boulder you rip up trail use very little fuel and you have 20lbs still sitting in the worst spot on your machine I have never liked riding with fuel on the deep days changes the feel of machine a lot. Like with anything you just have to make your stuff harder to steal than the other guys out of sight out of mind.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pretty sad day when we can’t even drop fuel on top of the mountain without worrying about it walking away. Clearly this was someone after the container because I’ve never seen someone unwilling to share fuel if necessary and in the conditions right now you aren’t running out of fuel. Just have to drop it more than a mile from the cabin where the crawlers can’t ride.

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We lost a few fuel containers a few years back in the hotel parking lot, found the containers about 2 blocks away when going for breakfast the next morning, with our containers they were just after the gas,,,

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yah, man I miss those days of trying to strap down a can of some sort only to have it bounce off 9 times on the way up, or better yet when it would come loose and rub the **** out of the tunnel before it let loose on one side and got sucked into the track. Ahh the good ole days!

Top Bottom