The USA in deep

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have been fawked for a while& going father into dept isn't going to solve any problems for them.

Nonhighwayservice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not as sure it's as serious as it's being made out to be. If there was that much uncertainty the Canadian dollar would be seeing fairly large increases because it's seen a relatively safe currency. The dollar is on the rise again but not at even par.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And yet our money is still less valuable than theirs? This makes sense lol. What a circus. Time to come up with a new plan when you need to increase your credit limit just to pay the bills...

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And yet our money is still less valuable than theirs? This makes sense lol. What a circus. Time to come up with a new plan when you need to increase your credit limit just to pay the bills...

That's only because of the value the world places on their currency. Once the world figures out just how broke they really are,,, Weimar Republic time...

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am by no means a political expert but. The republicans want to make sure another black man wont get in the White House by trying to making It look like Obama was a failure. They bad mouth him terribly and that alone should be shunned. If they really want to fix America then stop huge corporations from being able to make insanly large campaign contributions. Let them spend American citizens money to run for presidency. Obama is proof you can't by the next president cause they tried with John Kerry and the people won. Barely. I sure hope americas rise or fail doesn't affect my sledding budget in the years to come.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the dollar is worth more because world wide there is still more green backs then loonies. As a resource based economy we don't want or need a high or over inflated dollar as emerging markets won't be able to afford it, point in case the pound. A default in the American market would hurt but not cripple us, a good strategy the harper gov't has done as well as the bc liberals is reconised the investment from the asia pacific. Natural gas exploration is owed a huge thank you from western Canada as it pretty much pulled us through the last recession.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I may add that the Chinese/Arabs/Germans to name a few hold a lot of US assets/funds based in US dollars and it is not in their favour to let the dollar fall hard. I find it amusing that for a couple years the media was focusing on Greece's financial situation - a country that has less that 1/2 percent of the worlds GDP. We should all worry about our neighbour to the south a lot more! Or even Japan.

the dollar is worth more because world wide there is still more green backs then loonies. As a resource based economy we don't want or need a high or over inflated dollar as emerging markets won't be able to afford it, point in case the pound. A default in the American market would hurt but not cripple us, a good strategy the harper gov't has done as well as the bc liberals is reconised the investment from the asia pacific. Natural gas exploration is owed a huge thank you from western Canada as it pretty much pulled us through the last recession.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing will happen. If they dont come to an agreement Obama already said he would make an executive order and raise the ceiling or anything else that needs to be done to prevent the default.

It`s not like the rest of the world doesn't see this coming, They are all working pretty hard on unloading there american dollars.

If the big money was scared of an actual default you would be see the stock market crash right now, along with bank runs etc. Sure its coming but not right now.

Top Bottom